Wings Myron Mixon style with a Rub Co twist

martyleach

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
For Christmas, my wife got me "SMOKIN'" by Myron Mixon. It's a pretty entertaining read with some good cooking suggestions (I never say recipes...) I love wings so thought I would give his a try.

You start with a tomato based sauce with lots of stuff in it. Gotta make 2 different sauces to get started. I decided to deep fat fry the wings after separating the min drumstick from the flat. Here I am in my shop ready to go.

Readytocook.jpg

Here is Myron's Chicken sauce/glaze. It really tasted pretty darned good. Sweet, tangy with a kick.
MyronsChickenglazesauce.jpg

So I cooked the wings at 350 for 10 minutes, dabbed them dry and coated them with the sauce.
platedgaragenorub1.jpg

And then I sprinkled with The Rub Co's Hot Wing Rub just cuz I love that stuff....
TRCHotWingRub.jpg

Plated1.jpg

Darned if only a handful made it into the kitchen. Here served with pulled pork, Carolina Mustard slaw, corn, celery and blue cheese dressing.
I'm gonna get fat eating like this.....
Platedcomplete.jpg

Those wings were awesome....

everything looks great Marty :thumb: Does Mixon come off as an annoying fark on paper too?:laugh: He makes for good tv though.

everything looks great Marty :thumb: Does Mixon come off as an annoying fark on paper too?:laugh: He makes for good tv though.

I don't think he comes across as annoying in his book. Frankly, I enjoyed it a lot. You can't argue the guys success and he has a right to be cocky.

I am going to try his muffin pan chicken real soon just for the heck of it....

I don't think he comes across as annoying in his book. Frankly, I enjoyed it a lot. You can't argue the guys success and he has a right to be cocky.

I am going to try his muffin pan chicken real soon just for the heck of it....

I was thinking about trying that out one day. Let us know how it goes.

Marty, them are some mighty fine lookin' wangs there!

And here i am stuck at work (however a coworker brought some jalapeno/cheese venison summer sausage that we're comparing with some Opa's SS that another coworker brought).

You only cooked your wings for 10 min. @ 350!!! Did I miss something? They do look good though!

Back