• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Need feedback on Bayou Classic Kamado

Marrs

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
My brother asked me about the Bayou Classic Kamado. Thought I would check with the brethren since I have no knowledge of the product.

I did a search here but the info I saw was all pretty dated. Anyone have any updated info on this Kamado?

Thanks in advance, j

My wife's uncle is a one upper kind of guy and I had mentioned to him that I was getting a Kamado and it would be a week or two before I ordered it, and he decided he had to get one first. Well that's what he bought. He did one cook, some filets, and they turned out awful he said. He turned his into 2 flower pots and bought a KJ. He said it took 8+ hours to "cool off" he said. I assume a leak somewhere if that's what really happened. He also said the gasket felt, and he emphasized, VERY CHEAP. Tell your friend to save a couple more bucks and get a KJ or BGE, or heck even an Akorn.

Best friend's Dad has one and it works great. Suppose it has a lot to do with who is using it. :)

Best friend's Dad has one and it works great. Suppose it has a lot to do with who is using it. :)

Hi VanderLaan,
Have you used it?

How much experience does your friend's dad have with pit management?

I ask because my brother has little if any experience and he is across the country so I can't help him troubleshoot.

From what I remember they had some firebox cracking issues but apparently they fixed that. I have seen one in person and I did not like the fit and finish. From what I remember the ceramics were good but the cart, the shelves, the grates etc were of poor quality. I'd say get a Vision kamado iirc the cost is the same for a Vision pro or cheaper from Costco for the Vision Classic. Great units. I have the pro and my bro and few friends have the classic and we're very happy. Customer service also 2nd to none. Or KJ Primo BGE if he wants to spend more. I agree with VanderLaan as well and hard to believe food can come out horrible from a kamado. It can only if you dont know what youre doing. It's a learning curve in the beginning.

Back