CAB Ribeyes on the Egg!

jtfisher63

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I decided to cook a couple of Certified Angus Beef ribeyes I bought on sale at a local market here in town. They were only $6.99 a pound for boneless so I couldn't pass it up. I bought five, we cooked three last Sunday and I finished the last two today. I had the butcher cut them to a nice meaty thickness of 1 3/4".
gallery_946_66_130121.jpg

I took them out of the fridge 1 hour before cook time. About five minutes before they went on I rubbed them down with oil, Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper.

gallery_946_66_112093.jpg

I used Royal Oak lump to get the Egg up to 700* and threw them on. I cooked them for 90 seconds a side for the first go round.

gallery_946_66_136313.jpg

I pulled them off and shut the Egg down to get it down to 400*. It took about 20 minutes to get the temp down, meanwhile the steaks rested comfortably under a loose foil tent. They read 103* internal per my super fast industrial strength gray Thermopen. After the rest I put them back on for 5 minutes per side with a chunk of red wine oak barrel.

gallery_946_66_120695.jpg

I pulled them off at 130* (higher than I wanted) and let them rest for 5 minutes before slicing. These were some of the best steaks I've ever had. I learned this technique from a guy(TRex) on another forum and boy am I glad I did!

gallery_946_66_25870.jpg

gallery_946_66_78746.jpg

Beef, it's what's for dinner!
dribble.gif

Thank God my diet allows alot of protein! I am gonna egg me a porterhouse tommorrow. If it comes out half as good as yours I will be one happy Polock tommorrow.

wow, perfect! I need to teach a butcher around here how to actually cut up a cow. Cuts here tend to be rather random.

Great lookin' steaks Jason!

Ya, i gotta getta Egg.

I love me some ribeyes on the grill. Two thumbs up!

hey, did you know that trex's name is jason too?

nice hunks of beef!

look perfect to me...I pull at 130 and let rest. I like it pink but not red.

a good CAB rib eye is mighty hard to beat. we have a mom and pop store near here that raises their own angus. man it is fine!!!!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Sigh...I love steaks...even pics of steaks! :lol: Great job bro! :p

Back