• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Brisket and Fatty Chili - totally SFW Pr0n

peeps

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
A friend has a small chili cook-off every year. I think it's rigged since he wins 2 out of 3 years despite his chili last year tasting as my wife described as "like that Chef Boyardee crap".

Anyways, I used my same recipe as last year but instead of cubed and pan seared chuck and a pound of pork sausage, I used brisket and a fatty.

Here are the players...

3 green bell peppers
1 onion
1 can rotel
2 cans petite diced tomoatos
garlic
2 tsp oregano
1/2 cup chili powder
2-3 lbs of brisket
1 lb fatty
as much sriracha as you like (not pictured)

Fatty - nicely imprinted from vacuum sealing last weekend

Brisket - still a bit frozen after vacuum packing last weekend

Brisket thrown in the crock pot mixed with the chopped up peppers, onions, and fatty...

Everything mixed prior to heating...

After heating about 4 hours...from here it will sit in the fridge overnight to really let the flavors meld together and will reheat before the cook-off time...

I got that part, I just thought you maybe forgot the beans.

I'm just busting your, well I guess beans. I know it's Texas thing.

Still looks great.

I got that part, I just thought you maybe forgot the beans.

I'm just busting your, well I guess beans. I know it's Texas thing.

Still looks great.
Nope...the recipe I used originally for my recipe called for beans, but I forgave the creator for his mis-step when I tasted the ingredient combo, but I still can't put beans in chili...

Do you have a money shot?
I'm not eating it tonight, so I never put it in a bowl. I'll try to take one tomorrow at the cook-off...

Unless you are meaning money shot as in a pic of my body's physical reaction when I saw and tasted it after it was heated...I didn't post that one as it's NSFW :becky:

If I saw beans in there, I would have had to bring a can of whoop-ass out to Denton this morning. Chili looks great peeps.

Two words, BTW... BLIND TASTING!

That is some mighty fine looking chilli there my friend.
Best of luck it looks like a winner for sure.

It is a blind tasting, so not sure how he manages his wins.

I didn't mind losing last year. It meant more people ate his crappy chili and I had plenty of leftovers to take home...that was wining enough for me ;)

That looks great I cast my vote for you I prefer beans in mine- use dark red kindney, chilli beans, black beans and a light colored bean Comes out good Next time I want to try beer and a cup of coffee in it

The bean vs no bean chili debate is almost as contentious as real wood versus pellets versus charcoal.

Chili looks awesome though. I made a big batch with leftover point a week ago. May have to fiere some of it up from the freezer today while I watch my Noles.

I also enterd a chilli cok of . Came in third . But the bartender was second and the owner was first . And i also was a no bean chilli . Got a good friend in san antonio tx . If you want beans in your chilli YOU PUT THEM IN . That is when he is not looking .

Bean's or no beans...geesh. This debate was settled long ago. Maybe all the "no beans" folks need a little refresher, if I may. "beans, beans the musical fruit, the more you eat, (stop me if you've heard this) the more you.....................so eat beans with EVERY meal." Pretty sure that settles it:bow:

I would say tonight was a success. I managed 6th out of 7 which means I get half a crock pot of my chili to take home!!!! The one that won was decent. Plain, but with some heat, not too acidic tasting. 4 of the 7 tasted like bad soupy marinara with beans but 2 of those went for 2nd and 3rd. One was decent but too much worchestershire.

I thought briefly about offering to judge next year to hopefully sway the preferred flavor profile, but then I realized I would be forced to taste a handful of crappy examples and then have no good chili to fall back on when it was time to eat.

Back