Florida Food Truck...

Yakfishingfool

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Anyone here with any experience? Looking at possibly doing this in very rural florida for a retirement job october to april. Looking through the application for licensure and they want plans but I don't see any "requirements". Anyone with some local knowledge? This will be in collier county. Scott

Florida regs are really run (interpreted) by the county, best I can figure.
They are available online.

I had a friend in the Orlando area (major metro) that went thru "heck" and back to get his $40K ,state of the art, rig certified. It even got down to a spring required to keep the back screen door closed.

In the rural counties like here---they work with you and it seems that almost anything that is "safe", to include outside smokers and no sanitation works.

Check with the county and see where they are coming from.

Good Luck

TIM

In Florida all are controlled by DBPR hotels and restaurants. If you go to the application section you will find a sample plan. From there you can get to the requirements. Florida is Florida no matter the county. Look under Mobile food delivery vehicle. Pm me and I will give you my number if you have questions.

In Florida, Collier county seems to be the worst to deal with. I moved in Nov. out to CA, even worse, but anyway, at a bbq contest, they were some of the worst folks to deal with, and we were'nt even selling, only competing. We would never go back to do an event in that area. Good luck. Hendry county isnt bad.

Back