• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

I know ignorance is no excuse,

jbrink01

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
but I heard today at awards about the new AR Invitational Policy. Well fark me. I won GC 2 weeks ago and have not sent any paperwork in because I had no idea. Guess I may be skipping KC this October.........

I'd be shocked if they didn't honor it...still a major learning curve for the new rules...good luck...hope to see you there this year! :thumb:

There are many teams that know about it, and many don't. Phat Jacks had all the paperwork in his hand to give to the organizer in North Platte today.

We have a responsibility to pass the info along to our fellow competitors.

They may not slide next year.

Jeff, Ryan posted the info on this forum awhile back. I was lucky the Murphysboro people were on the ball. They already had the info in the mail the day I contacted them. Sorry I thought you knew.

A good contest promoter would make sure this was addressed with the GC at the end of the contest!

You also have to make sure and get the organizer to send in a copy of the governors proclamation, and a copy of the team list! I too would be shocked if they don't honor it! I know they gave Parrothead some extra time to get it done when he found out about it.

Dealin' with the same issue. Got the info last midweek, organizer released my info and sent the forms in, but it got returned because it wasn't signed by me. We'll see what happens next?

Don't you think the info/forms should be available when the score sheets & Checks are handed out?

How are the AR folks handling qualifying events from 2011?

How are the AR folks handling qualifying events from 2011?

I had to resend all the paperwork from my Aug 2011 contest to the AR. That includes the governors proclamation. Luckily I still had it from last years contest.

I'd be shocked if they didn't honor it...still a major learning curve for the new rules...good luck...hope to see you there this year! :thumb:

Speaking solely for myself, and not representing KCBS or the board...

I've had several discussions with the folks at the Royal about this. It's my understanding, and belief, that they will do everything possible to make sure anybody that has qualified is not left out.

Last month KCBS emailed all organizers to make sure that they were aware that there was a new process in place. We provided contact info for the person at the Royal handling that process, and offered to help in the event that there was an issue with a proclamation being out of date.

If anyone has won a KCBS sanctioned qualifier and your organizer was unaware of the new process, or requirements have them contact the Royal ASAP and if there is a problem with their procalamation please have them contact me at gmullins AT kcbs dot us.

As a representative at a contest, Rich and I will now have a copy if you don't receive one. Give some of the contest organizers a bit of a break. This is a new thing in place and it usually takes a year to get it into practice.

Thanks, Jeff, for calling it to our attention.

Rich and Bunny

As a representative at a contest, Rich and I will now have a copy if you don't receive one. Give some of the contest organizers a bit of a break. This is a new thing in place and it usually takes a year to get it into practice.

Rich and Bunny

UPDATE: It was all resolved promptly and painlessly by Bunny and Aimee (The Organizer). THANK YOU!!!!

Rich and Bunny

Not that we have a chance, but this is nice to know for Apex!

Thank you!

My situation has been resolved with no hassle on my part and the quick actions from on the ball PNWBA events co-ordinators/Contest Organizer, and I got my confirmation info today from the AR.

Back