• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

The Rub Co. and Simply Marvelous......

BobBrisket

Reaction score
All I can say, is that they make for one great Combo!:thumb: Bone in chicken breasts got hit with Sweet and Spicy and the chuck steaks got hit with Rub Co. I would have liked to try it on some tri tip, but I have to find any around here. Can't beat all wood coals either.:thumb: Hot pecan coals are killer. Tossed on some brats too. Pretty much took care of dinner for the rest of the week!:becky:
Njoy! We did...............

Last edited:
Bobbie, are those blistered-and-peeled Anaheim peppers in the tortillas??

Bobbie, are those blistered-and-peeled Anaheim peppers in the tortillas??

Those are poblanos. I love those peppers, but most times the price per pound is steep. Got a few on sale for .99 lb. Can't beat that deal. Wanted to make rellenos with em, but never got around to it. So onto the hot grate and into the tacos they went.:heh:

I firmly believe in a well balanced meal........beef, pork and chicken is pretty balanced, no? :becky: Course the refrieds are taking effect already.:biggrin1: Don't know how many of you have ever tried any of the raspberry/walnut salad dressings out there, but that is some good stuff too. Here's the one we buy:
Golding Farms Raspberry Walnut Cinegarette Dressing-6 Bottles: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31Ms4nFAHsL.@@AMEPARAM@@31Ms4nFAHsL

Bob

PS...the chicken skin pretty much turned into the chicken version of pig candy with the sweet and spicy rub on it. The skins never made into the house...........chef's treats. And Lil Bobby B hit a skin too.:thumb:

Bob

Are the refried beans out of a metal container (I'm not using the word 'can')? And do you heat em on the grill to add a little flavor? I'm struggling to find a good refried bean in a container made of metal.

Tha last pic looks f-ing great btw.

Are the refried beans out of a metal container (I'm not using the word 'can')? And do you heat em on the grill to add a little flavor? I'm struggling to find a good refried bean in a container made of metal.

Tha last pic looks f-ing great btw.

Not from a metal container, but from a bag!:shocked: Way better than canned, but not better than homemade. :becky: I love making em from scratch, but that takes lots of TIME! This stuff is actually nothing more than dehydrated beans. I doctor em up with some chorizo, lots of cheese, and a little bit of butter. I also add a bit more water than what the bag states so they are not as thick. Most times I make a huge batch of pintos and freeze em for later, but had to go with the quick stuff this time.
Mexicali Rose Instant Mexican Refried Beans 7 oz: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41fIssP-L7L.@@AMEPARAM@@41fIssP-L7L

Not from a metal container, but from a bag!:shocked: Way better than canned, but not better than homemade. :becky: I love making em from scratch, but that takes lots of TIME! This stuff is actually nothing more than dehydrated beans. I doctor em up with some chorizo, lots of cheese, and a little bit of butter. I also add a bit more water than what the bag states so they are not as thick. Most times I make a huge batch of pintos and freeze em for later, but had to go with the quick stuff this time.
Mexicali Rose Instant Mexican Refried Beans 7 oz: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

Thanks man! That's exactly where I'm at, the beans are a pain to do, but true enough they are best made from scratch. They always seem like an afterthought, so I have been searching for a decent (prepared) bean.

I'll grab some of these to try out.

Back