Contest Announcment Go Naked BBQ Show(down) 2011, Greencastle, PA - April 2, 2011

tmcmaster

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Hey - just wanted to let everyone know that the 2011 Go Naked BBQ Show(down) registration begins on Monday! Forms and full details will be available at www.GoNakedBBQ.com begining Monday morning!!

Limit of 18 teams on a first come, first serve basis...

Attachments

• GoNaked2.jpg
    GoNaked2.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 314
Tim,

Make sure those that say they are going pay up front.

3MBB
Palmerton, PA

Mod note: I edited the thread title to make it a Competition Announcement and added the location and date to the title.

Good luck with the event! It sound like fun!

Just to clarify what may or may not have caused some confusion, remote, probe, constant monitor thermometers are NOT permitted. The premise of the contest in both spirit and letter of the rules is man (or woman), meat and fire. Of course, we DO want you to serve fully cooked meat, so instant read thermometers are permissible.

But, please, if anyone has any questions, feel free to email us at info@gonakedbbq.com and we'll answer ASAP.

Thanks for your interest!

Last edited:
Each category will be awarded as follows:
1st Place: $300.00
2nd place: $200.00
3rd place: $100.00

A Grand Champion will be awarded for the highest cumulative score from Chicken and Ribs and will receive a cash prize of an additional $400.00!!!
Peoples Choice will have a separate payout, and will be based on the votes of the public.
All of our awards are paid in CASH!!! (and who doesn't love that?!?)
Peoples Choice Wing Champion will ALSO receive a FREE entry into the 2011 Smoketoberfest contest

So if my application got lost in the mail, I won't know until I can't do anything about it? Maybe you should send an email to the teams that are "in" so far to let them know thier application has been recieved. :idea:

So if my application got lost in the mail, I won't know until I can't do anything about it? Maybe you should send an email to the teams that are "in" so far to let them know thier application has been recieved. :idea:

Red Valley- an e-mail was sent out by Eric Forrester to those who are in early on, granted it was only like the first four teams,lol. The best thing to do is e-mail Eric. I just called his shop, he's not in, and his help couldn't answer for sure.

Hopefully Eric will send an updated list soon, if he were at his shop right now I would have demanded an e-mail for ya, :becky:

eric@mdbbqservices.com

Eric called me back(props to him). He told me that as soon as he receives an application and payment, an e-mail is sent out the same day to give conformation to the team....hope this helps

Here is the official, up-to-the-minute list:

[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]1 - RED LION SPICY FOODS[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]2 - CLAY HILL COOKERS[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]3 - DRILLING & GRILLING BBQ[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]4 - CRAZY DOG BBQ[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]5 - PEPPERMONKEY BBQ[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]6 - DEGUELLO BBQ[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]7 - LO N SLO BBQ[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]8 - JUST SMOKIN' AROUND[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]9 - PHILLY BLIND PIG[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]10 - BLACK CAT BBQ[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]11 - ZOMBIE BBQ[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]12 - GOOD TO THE BONE BBQ[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]13 - OFF THE HOOF BBQ[/FONT][/FONT]
14 - Red Valley BBQ

Still a few more slots open!!!

And yes, as soon as your application and payment are recieved, an email goes out that day thanking you and welcoming you.

Back