Kosmic Turkey...A Play By Play...

I see some empty chairs....where was I McG.? :wink:
Thanks for the pics!

JD- that lead picture with a bottle of bleach was just mean! It definitely got better from there and I saved a few tips for my next bird.
Thanks and enjoy your Thanksgiving.

Looks great man, first pic with the bleach was scary till I put my specs on! :doh::becky::thumb:

Great looking bird JD!

How did the Dirty Bird taste on the turkey?

Most excellent! :p

I see some empty chairs....where was I McG.? :wink:
Thanks for the pics!

It was just my wife and I this year...we were supposed to go over to her cousin's in Eastern Washington but the weather in the mountains was too bad to make the trip...but you were here in spirit Phubar! :thumb:

JD- that lead picture with a bottle of bleach was just mean! It definitely got better from there and I saved a few tips for my next bird.
Thanks and enjoy your Thanksgiving.

Looks great man, first pic with the bleach was scary till I put my specs on! :doh::becky::thumb:

The bleach was just used to sanitize the brine bucket...I thought I'd emphasize a little food handling safety there...sorry it freaked you out at first. :redface:

Nice Bird! I'm rethinking the BGE deal now. Reading these threads I've discovered I don't know as much as I thought I did about BBQ. Keep it up and I will keep reading!

BD

The BGE is a fine smoker...and extremely versatile...glad you enjoyed the thread! :p

JD.......Thanks for the tutorial. Didn't smoke the bird this year. Have put this in favorites for the next big bird cook. Yours is a thing of beauty. Also, loves them sprouts.

Jd,

Awesome looking bird!!! Hope yall had a safe and happy holiday!

Quick Question, Did you put any rub under the skin or would that have been too much?

I had a smoked turkey yesterday my mother-in-law bought and for some reason the dark meat had a funky aftertaste, almost like too much smoke...Kinda scared me away from wanting to smoke a whole bird....

JD what temp did u cook at on the bge??? :clap2:

Great job, JD. I'd hit that. The color is beautiful.

Bob

:p Bob...if you'd "hit this"...I am honored! :becky:

JD.......Thanks for the tutorial. Didn't smoke the bird this year. Have put this in favorites for the next big bird cook. Yours is a thing of beauty. Also, loves them sprouts.

Thanks Jay...hey...don't forget to check out Australia Day in Seattle...January 22nd! :p

Jd,

Awesome looking bird!!! Hope yall had a safe and happy holiday!

Quick Question, Did you put any rub under the skin or would that have been too much?

I had a smoked turkey yesterday my mother-in-law bought and for some reason the dark meat had a funky aftertaste, almost like too much smoke...Kinda scared me away from wanting to smoke a whole bird....

Nope...no rub under the skin...just a light dusting after the brine. Poultry takes smoke very easily...so I always go light. :p

JD what temp did u cook at on the bge??? :clap2:

Ya know...I usually shoot for 325-350...but this time I shot for 300-325...it took about 30 minutes longer but the skin didn't burn at all. :thumb:

That bird looks awesome! I've never left one in a pan on the bge I'll have to try that next time.

Nice looking bird you got there JD! Can't beat that combo either :becky:

That bird looks awesome! I've never left one in a pan on the bge I'll have to try that next time.

Thanks...I love the pan method...makes for easy gray fixin's...:thumb:

Nice looking bird you got there JD! Can't beat that combo either :becky:

Thanks Kosmo...I agree...great combo! I shoulda stocked up when you had your sale goin'...:p

Back