Operation BBQ Relief Needs Your Help!

Jeff_in_KC

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
We will be mobilizing to Woodward, Oklahoma on Wednesday morning. If anyone in the central part of the country is available, we could use about ten volunteers each day Wednesday afternoon through Sunday lunch. Will is headed that way on Wednesday morning. Please head to our Facebook page (or click the OBR banner when Phil puts it up in the upper right corner) for more details. Should know a location where we will set up sometime tomorrow.

If you want to volunteer, we'd recommend that you get a ServSafe certification through their Web site and print your certificate to bring with you. Certification is easy, doesn't take long and is only $15 for most states.

If you cannot go help out, please consider a tax dedictible donation through our Web site at www.OperationBBQRelief.org. 100% will go to help tornado victims, volunteers and emergency response personnel is Woodward.

Thanks!

Jeff

I sent a little something to you :grin:.

If anyone is heading to Woodward and coming through Des Moines let me know - I've got some extra rubs and wood chunks that I can send with you.

IMPORTANT UPDATE FROM OBR:

As our local group was getting ready to pull out of Kansas City only 20 minutes ago, they received a phone call from some disaster relief officials there in Woodward, Oklahoma who stated that current food organizations on the ground are having a difficult time in distributing what they have. They don't believe OBR would be able to distribute even 1,000 meals all week. The need has apparently dried up as shelters are now empty and displaced families are with friends and family members. A good sized portion of clean up has happened and pretty much all businesses that were not damaged are open for business. From our beginning in Joplin, OBR has always encouraged those in impacted communities to patronize local businesses to help revive the economy as soon as possible after establishments re-open. That is true of Woodward as well. Based upon the information we received less than thirty minutes ago, OBR has terminated deployment to Oklahoma for this disaster. However, the thoughts and prayers of our members and staff continue to go to those effected by this storm. From all information we've seen and read, the Woodward community is close and determined and we are inspired by those whose determination will rebuild what's been lost due to this horrible event.

Back