View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013, 07:22 AM   #1
paul the brit
Got rid of the matchlight.

Default hi from aldershot england

hi guys
i am fairly new to smoking but i am learning fast ,i used to smoke chicken and other quick items on my weber kettle but in april i built a uds,and a pid temp controller (as i used to be a catering equipment engineer) ,and now i am totally addicted to low and slow bbq , there is a small bbq competition circuit in the uk and i am hoping to build a second uds this winter and enter a couple of competitions just for the social aspect (beer ,bbq ,more beer lol) ,i also want to compete using as much home made equipment,rubs and sauces as possible as most competitors here in the uk are using shop bought stuff and as i cannot work due to ill health my finances are very limited i know there is a very big difference from backyard cooking for family to what is needed for handing in for judges so i will be asking for as much help as possible and hopefully some very kind pit master may give me some help and guidance as i live here in the uk and i will be no threat to anyone giving me some guarded secrets lol ,i cannot seem to find a way to post pictures can anyone explain how to do that please