View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 06:07 PM   #3
Wampus
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliking View Post
1) Went to bed about 1am, with the drum cruising at about 240 for the past couple of hours. Expected the butt to take around 12 hrs. The et-73 chirped at 5:30am - butt was done, but the temp had risen to 270+. I had thought the temp would fall a bit since the coals might get choked with some ash, but the opposite happened. No biggie - things turned out ok in the end.

I've had this happen too. I always figured it was from the eventual lighting of more coals. With the minion method, you may start out with say 25 hot briq's added onto your pile. As one lights 2 more, eventually it may lead to 60 lit briq's burning at once, all at different stages (some just lit, some nearly out, etc). I'd say that it just happens. Your drum may "ebb and flow" a bit, up 20d, down 15d throughout the cook. Happens.

2) Are there any preferred instruments for shredding/pulling butts? My 2 forks worked ok, but they seemed kinda small for the task at hand.

Bear Claws. I bought some from Big Brother Smoke online. Google "bear claws pulled pork" and you'll see them. Best things ever.

3) How do I add captions for each individual pic when I post a thread?

I use the when posting, and just put text in between each photo. I just have to use that for every pic, but that's how I've always done it.

My opinions in blue.

Good lookin' food bro!!!

Thanks from:--->