• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

*** 2019 Chicago Area Brethren Summer Gathering - ILFO, IAFO, INFO, WIFO, MIFO or anyone :) - Saturday, August 3, 2019

Most of my extended family is in Racine, putting this on our calendar, hope I can work it out.

I've signed up for two. I'd like to cook/bring something. Most smokes take a long time so that would involve "bring." I could smoke mixed nuts. That doesn't take too long. I can do ribs in 4-5 hours on my 26" kettle. I'd have to get there early or we could have them for dessert. :mrgreen: Or I could think of some sides. I think corn is in season then. That would be good. I've done jalapeno poppers too.

Any suggestions? It will be more fun if we don't all bring the same thing.
Do you have a trailer cooker? You could roll in HOT like SmittyJonz at the Texas Bash. :becky:

But seriously, we usually have a wide variety of foods, bring/cook something fun. I love me some smoked nuts.

I put my name, what I was cooking, and some notes on my line, but they're not there.

Did my data save to the google sheet?

Do you need to sign in?

Don't use it much so not familiar with it.

It auto saves, but you may have to be singed in to a Google account. I can add the info for you if you like.

I've signed up for two. I'd like to cook/bring something. Most smokes take a long time so that would involve "bring." I could smoke mixed nuts. That doesn't take too long. I can do ribs in 4-5 hours on my 26" kettle. I'd have to get there early or we could have them for dessert. :mrgreen: Or I could think of some sides. I think corn is in season then. That would be good. I've done jalapeno poppers too.

Any suggestions? It will be more fun if we don't all bring the same thing.

Do you have a trailer cooker? You could roll in HOT like SmittyJonz at the Texas Bash. :becky:

But seriously, we usually have a wide variety of foods, bring/cook something fun. I love me some smoked nuts.

Have fun is the most important part :-D

We have the shelter reserved all day, so you can get there as early as 7am if you really want to :-D We tried starting early one year and one guy made breakfast and I brought coffee, and it ended up being him and me until about 10 or so :becky: so we just officially use 10am as the start time.

Looking at airfare at this time. Got some frequent flyer points crying "use me!"

Guarantee that I will not be showing at at 0700.

It auto saves, but you may have to be singed in to a Google account. I can add the info for you if you like.

Okay, it seems to still be there now.

My default is the BBQ sticks, of course.

Will see if I can get the Blackstone going by then.

Sorry about the Malort Andy

I see we have a few out of state Brethren besides Pyle in the sign up/maybe column.

If we can solidify these numbers sooner rather than later, we can try and have a Friday and/or Sunday morning to make it worth the while.

The logistics of that is complex, and I need time to put that together.

Wondering out loud, is all.

Gonna move from the maybe to the going be there column.

Been doing chocolate chip bourbon pecan pies for the SoCal (and the last Texas) bashes and thinking of trying something new. So how about I put down dessert and some sausages from Texas at this time?

Back