View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 06:22 PM   #6
BevoBurn96
Full Fledged Farker

I still haven't done all my reading, but there are two camps one that thinks soy is a wonderful high protein low fat diet food and the other that says soy's proteins mimic human hormones that screw with your thyroid thus lowering ones metabolism. The jury is still out, so I thought I'd try to cut it out for a while to see if a difference was noticeable. Soy is in EVERYTHING. If it's really a problem, the general population who doesn't read food labels has no idea how much soy they consume. Apparently, if soy is fermented as in some sauces, the proteins in question have been consumed with the fermentation which makes it ok. Then in my (internet) reading, I came across the point that many farm animals beef, chicken, pork, etc are all fed soy too....so if we are what we eat and this applies to animals too....then that's an even bigger problem. I've not found much in scientific terms to support the internet claims, so the research continues. Exclusively grass fed meat is crazy expensive, so I need to find some compelling evidence before I commit my pocketbook on that one.

IMBAS Certified MOINK Baller :cool:
BevoBurn96 is offline   Reply With Quote