• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

why is nahunta,Ga so lang far away

bluzieq

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
737 miles one way.you stick burners have given me the itch for a second smoker. What ya think about the 36 hybrid on trailer with my abs bbcube on front?.shipping sucks by the way.

On the bright side, if you go there on Feb. 6th, 7th and 8th, some of the best dirt late model racing you'll ever see, is right down the road!:-D

Fortunately for me it's just right up the road. I'm hoping to be picking up my 36 patio a week from Friday.

On the bright side, if you go there on Feb. 6th, 7th and 8th, some of the best dirt late model racing you'll ever see, is right down the road!:-D
Yeah!!! hey I've got lots of dirt racers in my back door.Billy moyer,Tyson franks,Jeff Taylor,Wendell Wallace &Larry Shaw race cars.

Nothing against the Langs, but there are other quality builders out there (some much closer) if you do your homework.

Nothing against the Langs, but there are other quality builders out there (some much closer) if you do your homework.
I am open to all sugestions,want a small 36/48 reverse flow on trailer with room to add a vertical smoker I already have.like the grill option too.

A little bit of quick searching found me two builders roughly in your area. I have no information or knowledge on either of them. Just felt like doing a little poking around. As for the Lang, when you consider that it is a onetime purchase it makes the shipping a little bit more palatable. There are few purchases I would make sight unseen, but a Lang is certainly on that list.

http://www.southwestsmoker.com/
http://topshotbbq.com/

Similarly different analogy :))

I asked a friend one time why his divorce was so expensive?? His reply--"because it's worth it"

Somewhere in there is an analogy on Lang + shipping costs.

Shipping cost can be tough to take...I had mine shipped 2400 miles...A road trip was out of the question...But, I did think about it...If it was 800 miles I would have jumped in the truck and been on my way...Good Luck with your choice...there are a lot of good smokers out there...

Shipping cost can be tough to take...I had mine shipped 2400 miles...A road trip was out of the question...But, I did think about it...If it was 800 miles I would have jumped in the truck and been on my way...Good Luck with your choice...there are a lot of good smokers out there...
Beat'em to it, got a 85 gallon uds.

85 Gallon UDS

Forget the UDS, what size Foodsaver and how many hundred yard rolls do you have stockpiled ????

Back in 2002 when I bought my Klose mobile pit. It was cheaper to have Dave Klose deliver it to my home that make that trip and pay Texas sales taxes on it.
I would do a little more checking on delivery cost verses sales taxes if that is possible.
I am not cheap but just danged frugal.

Well I did get shipping worked out. Jz logistics. I am about a week from placing the order.Time to go cut wood. May be needing advice from some of you stickburners.

Get the pit you want. Shipping charge or having to drive, is not worth not getting what you want. Two weeks ago I ordered a pit from Peoria cookers, and will gladly pay the shipping over driving but neither would stop me from getting exactly what I want.

I ordered my Lang 36" hybrid with warmer and paid the freight to have it shipped 976 miles and it has been well worth it. I scored a couple of ricks of Pecan wood last spring and have been burning that with great results. Pay the extra $200 and get stainless steel racks.

Back