• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

BBQ Brethren "In My Neck of the Woods" Throwdown

SmokeJumper

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
San Francisco, CA and Phu Quoc Island Vietnam
Our new category is...

[size=+2]"In My Neck of the Woods"[/size]
steaks01.jpg

Photo from toxel.

...as chosen by SmokeJumper, the winner of the Satay Throwdown!

The entry should feature a dish that represents your local or regional ingredients and/or cuisine with primary elements cooked over livefire:becky:

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 9/23 through Sunday 10/3.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Midnight Central US Time on Sunday night 10/3.

By submitting entry photos to this Throwdown thread you are agreeing that you have read and understand the Throwdown Rules.

The voting will begin Monday 10/4 after I submit the "Vote" thread and will run through Friday 10/8. All votes will be public.

Don't forget, you can still enter the Breakfast Sandwhich Throwdown until Sunday night 9/26 by midnight Central time.

Our next category will be decided by the winner of the Legs Throwdown!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Thanks Guerry, I knew that was coming, but at least you can't combine that with fish heads. There's a few other things I hope won't be showing up, but I'll just keep my mouth shut or this one has the potential to get really nasty. I'm sure there is something else regional to Memphis that you can cook instead of okra. :rolleyes:

ham hocks, turkey fries, head chesse.. Wow tough one here boys???

I'm excited to see what people come up with for this one. It's always fun to learn more about where Brethren come from and I'm hoping this will give folks the opportunity to show us their local stuff with pride. For my vote you get extra credit if you foraged it, grew it, raised it, harpooned it, Louisville Sluggered it, caught it or shot it.

Thanks Guerry, I knew that was coming, but at least you can't combine that with fish heads. :rolleyes:

Guerry, we should Super Wonder Twin on this one.
Rob and Guerry: "Wonder Twin powers, activate!"
Guerry: "Form of an Okrraaa!!!!!"
Rob: "Shape of a...

Attachments

• Fishheads.jpg
    Fishheads.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 323
Last edited:
Yay!!! Rob is encouraging me to go shoot stuff!! Woo-Hoo! I know I've got a quartered wild turkey in the freezer from last Dec and grouse are now legal to shoot on the kings land... too bad I quartered that 'urkey, could have gone pitmasters style and stuffed the turkey with the grouse... :cry: maybe a gopher inside of that...:puke:

Or I could just drink a bunch of wild turkey and submit pics of those results. :wacko: Hmmmmm....

Hmmmm....in my "neck of the woods" folks eat lots of tacos and tri-tip. But since everyone knows I don't like tacos or tri-tip, I'll have to pass on this one....:heh:

Hmm, being from Illinois is working against me on this one.

Smoked Italian beef sandwiches? Chicago style hot dogs? Deep dish pizza?

If I enter this one I am going to have to be very, VERY creative.

Back