dale's steak seasoning

Grumpy's Q

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Anybody have advise on using Dale’s steak seasoning? I picked up a bottle at Market Street Saturday. I have two big T-bones and a rib eye (mine) out for dinner tonight. Any thoughts are appreciated! :confused:

Mike, there was a thread about Dale's not too long ago. I think the consencus was to tread lightly with this seasoning.
It is a potent product, and in my opinion best used in a baste or marinade along with other stuff to tone it down.
To me it is like soy sauce with salt added.
I have made a bourbon marinade/baste for steak with it and it works great.

When cooking steaks with Dales I usually pour some in a pan and just dredge the steaks through on both sides then sprinkle with a little garlic salt. I let them rest on the counter while waiting on the grill to get ready before putting them on.

I also will use Dales in a marinade with some Italian dressing but the Dales never goes in for more than an hour cooking.

I have friends that marinate in Dales overnight and think they have the best steaks on earth but what they have is a salt lick.

:-D

Not too bad, used granulated garlic instead of garlic salt. Webered to medium. Good stuff!

Back