pulled pork plate question

BigBlock

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I am cooking in the state championship pig cooking contest. All the contests I have done b/4 have been onsite judging only but this one will also have a blind taste . I have never had to do a plate b/4 and was wondering if someone had some pointers and maybe some plate pr0n.
Thanks for the help.

It won't really be a plate. It will be a blind taste sample that you will pull or chop, season, and sauce to your taste. They will provide a container to put it in, probably some type of pint or maybe a quart cup with a top on it or something similar to that. You will probably have a limited time to prepare it once the onsite judges leave. I think last year it was 15 minutes. There will not be any garnish like in a KCBS contest.

It won't be anything like you see in that site as a blind box. It is only a blind sample of the meat with no garnish. The container is very small compared to the 9" boxes they use at a KCBS event.

Check out bbqcritic.com, they have tons of pics of blind boxes.

no need to worry about a box. just make your best tasting bbq and put it in the container they provide. good luck.

Back