• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Basic Brisket Tutorial (pron heavy)

I read this thread before smoking my first brisket, but didn't like the uncertainty of a finishing temperature. A long story short: tasty, but dry brisket.
Tonight I will be trying Chris' way with a full expectation of a moist and flavorful cut of meat.
Thank you, fine sir.

I have no idea how big it was.:laugh: It was a while back. I may not have known then either.:noidea:

What are you doing in Q-Talk, young man???
It was an accident.

I'm searching for booby pics now to get this thing back on track.

Here's one!

IL5bd48591.jpg

Holy cow! I just finished reading this post. To top it off, tonight the boys at KAT BBQ
are delivering my 32X17 reverse flow offset cooker. The timing couldn't be more perfect. This tutorial is a textbook that I will be referring to often as I learn to cook
brisket. Thank you for posting

I know this is an old post, but I have to say thank you for the tutorial!! I am a competition hopeful, and I know the first thing I need to learn is the cuts of meat, how to prepare them, and how to separate and/or cut them properly. Once again, Thank You!!

Great tutorial

Where was this tutorial twelve bad briskets ago!!???

Cannot wait to give this a try. Thanks for making things so freakin simple.

Awesome post and tutorial. Being new to this whole thing I feel I am ready to do a brisket now that it was kind of laid out. Thank you gigabyte for the post and to SmittyJonz for the bump.

bigabyte, has my vote for Bretheren member of the year, he is helping out all of us with out tring to sell a product ,video or class..he is what being a BBQ BRETHREN is all about..I really mean that!!! thanks!!!! anyone thinking of doing a brisket will reap the rewards of his hard work!! AGAIN, THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ditto!

Thanks for the class.. I just bought a packer from Sam's. It will be my first one. This answered several questions that I had.

Back