Who's a Noob?

Fo Sizzle My Nizzle

is one Smokin' Farker
That would be me. Everything was running very smooth on my brisket this morning. Then my temp took a huge dip from 300 down to 250 pretty quick. Fuel was running low so I gently tried to push over what I had in there to make room for some more lump. As the new lump started to catch, I wasn't real fond of the aroma so I decided to wrap in BP to protect the meat (IT 180). As stated in another thread I wasn't working in my usual work area and lucky me I dumped the brisket on the porch! Thankfully (maybe) there was snow there instead of dirty porch but I lost about half my rub in the process. Hopefully this thing don't taste like crap as its my first time feeding people my brisket other than my usual test subjects at home. New brisket mop maybe? Rocky Mountain snowfall mop? BLAH!!!!!11!

Never too far from pizza delivery... Me, I'd never serve anything to guests that I wouldn't (our couldn't) serve
in a restaurant. I'm afraid there is no 5 second rule where this is concerned, at least not at my house...

I've had no problem throwing away meat (in the past), and will never hesitate to do so again if the situation
dictates.

Never too far from pizza delivery... Me, I'd never serve anything to guests that I wouldn't (our couldn't) serve
in a restaurant. I'm afraid there is no 5 second rule where this is concerned, at least not at my house...

I've had no problem throwing away meat (in the past), and will never hesitate to do so again if the situation
dictates.
A tv program here employed a lab and tested the 5 second rule on a huge variety of foods, just so they could teach people that this is not a plausible theory.
One problem, the lab proved without a doubt that the bacterial contamination did NOT take place within the 5 seconds.
Or 10!
Just goes to show...you think you know but until it is tested....you don't.

A tv program here employed a lab and tested the 5 second rule on a huge variety of foods, just so they could teach people that this is not a plausible theory.
One problem, the lab proved without a doubt that the bacterial contamination did NOT take place within the 5 seconds.
Or 10!
Just goes to show...you think you know but until it is tested....you don't.

It was only down for 4 seconds so according to the study I'm assuming I'm good right? Thanks for the peace of mind Bucc!

Nicely done shizzle! Any dirt /germs would be killed when put back on the heat-- no worries lol. Nice brisky!

Back