Will this be eniough to feed 70 people

Just Pulin' Pork

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Hey my boss has asked me to put together a quote on what it would cost to feed 65-70. I want to know if I am in the ballpark with how much food I need to buy.

4 butts
2 (12-13 LB) whole packers
17 slabs of ribs

If anyone can help me with any feedback I would appreciate it. cooking for this many people is completly new to me. Thanks in advance.

You never did that when you worked over here. I guess you like your new co-workers better, huh? :(

4 butts 8lbs average= 16lbs of cooked meat or 64 1/4lb sammies
2 briskets = 15.6lbs cooked or 62.4 1/4lb sammies
17 racks x12 per x 2 bones each serving 102 servings.
or 3 bones each gives you 68 servings.

Lot O' meat though per person. Adding any sides you may do, And that's a boat load of food. I might be inclined to cut the ribs down to the 2 bones per, But that's just me.

Good luck on it.

You never did that when you worked over here. I guess you like your new co-workers better, huh? :(

Well its not that I did not like you guys, I never had a boss over there ask me to cook let alone offer to pay for it :).

The biggest diffrence is I will also be cooking for the CEO and COO here and I highly doubt my BBQ would be good enough for those Farkers on the 10th floor! :) Did I just say that?

17 racks x12 per x 2 bones each serving 102 servings.
or 3 bones each gives you 68 servings.

Lot O' meat though per person. Adding any sides you may do, And that's a boat load of food. I might be inclined to cut the ribs down to the 2 bones per, But that's just me.

Good luck on it.

Mutha thanks for your input. I was thinking of cutting it down to 2 butts because that is probably the least favorite and leaving everything else the same.

^^^^Is this based on 50% weight loss? 4butts X 8lb=32lbs minus 50% weightloss=16lbs

^^^^Is this based on 50% weight loss? 4butts X 8lb=32lbs minus 50% weightloss=16lbs

Yes Sir, I find (depending on your finnish temp) That I get between 50-60% Yield. So I always go with the 50 to be safe and it's an easier number to do in my head quickly.

Well its not that I did not like you guys, I never had a boss over there ask me to cook let alone offer to pay for it :).

The biggest diffrence is I will also be cooking for the CEO and COO here and I highly doubt my BBQ would be good enough for those Farkers on the 10th floor! :) Did I just say that?

True. I think they mostly just eat cake. Good luck w/ the cook.

Back