Brisket cooking help!

It would be just fine, even if it's temps had gone down a bunch, if you just kept wrapped in foil and put back in a 350 oven or grill. They're not all the same, and that's why folks say not to go by temps. It will have cooked some more in the foil, but I seriously doubt enough if you pulled at 180. Even most folks that cook without foil pull around 190, but the temp should be a little higher if wrapped in foil.

I was a bit worried but before I did something that might ruin it I cut in to it and it was perfect! I have chopped the point and have it cooking as burnt ends.

The mop sauce is for adding after the cook as some people are a bit picky and I wanted them to add as they wanted.

I was a bit worried but before I did something that might ruin it I cut in to it and it was perfect! I have chopped the point and have it cooking as burnt ends.

The mop sauce is for adding after the cook as some people are a bit picky and I wanted them to add as they wanted.

Well, if the flat was fork tender (as in you can cut it with a cheap, disposable plastic fork) after cooked in foil to 180, that's a new one on me. I've just never had a brisket done at 180, and those wrapped in foil, like I said, haven't been where I wanted 'em til 200 or so. I guess you never know though, and like I said, they're all different.

Regarding the "mop sauce", just call it a bbq sauce or table sauce, as long as it tastes like something you'd want to add to meat on a plate. "Mop sauce" is applied during the cook, often with a mop, and that's why it's called that.

Most important though, it sounds like you were pleased, and I'm sure your guests were as well.:-D

Well, if the flat was fork tender (as in you can cut it with a cheap, disposable plastic fork) after cooked in foil to 180, that's a new one on me. I've just never had a brisket done at 180, and those wrapped in foil, like I said, haven't been where I wanted 'em til 200 or so. I guess you never know though, and like I said, they're all different.

Regarding the "mop sauce", just call it a bbq sauce or table sauce, as long as it tastes like something you'd want to add to meat on a plate. "Mop sauce" is applied during the cook, often with a mop, and that's why it's called that.

Most important though, it sounds like you were pleased, and I'm sure your guests were as well.:-D

I wanted to take pics but my daughter took the camera to some concert that she went to.

The guests and myself were very happy with the brisket. I did not use the mop sauce on the brisket while cooking but everyone loved it as a suace on the brisket.

I learn so much on this site and from the experts like you that I know I'll only get better. Thanks to everyone on this site.

Back