What's your best Ramen noodle concoction?

The trick to egg flower soup is you need a fair amount more soup than egg, and the broth needs to be moving in a circle gently. Then the egg is streamed in a thin stream into the broth slowly so it spins and 'blossoms' into the broth. It does not work in the microwave.

Here's our favorite use for Ramen Noodles:

Oriental Chicken Salad

DRESSING:
5 T. White Vinegar 1/2 C. Vegetable Oil
3 T. Sugar 2 Ramen Noodle seasoning packets
Mix together and shake well

SALAD:
3 Green Onions 1# Cole Slaw Mix
5 T. Sesame or Sunflower Seeds 2 pkg. Ramen Noodles
2-3 C. cubed Chicken 3/4 C. Slivered Almonds

Slice Green Onions and break up Ramen Noodles into small pieces. Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl. Add dressing. Mix well, let stand 2 hours or up to overnight before serving. Enjoy!

I like to boil the noodles till soft. Drain, add seasoning packet, green onions, and shrimp. Fry over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until shrimp is opaque. plate and serve. It doesn't matter what flavor pack u use.. but I usually use pork or beef

Half a pack of seasoning, garlic, any meat. Ive used everything from leftover Q to got dogs. Drain the liquid after done cooking. Put back on stove and crack a couple of eggs into it. Add hot sauce to taste.

I've not tried frying them after cooking. Thanks for the idea!!

I take them on back packing trips and add a pack of Starkist tuna to the shrimp ones with a little hot sauce. Once on a 30 mile trip at Big Bend National Park I was too worn out to cook on the last night so i just got them wet and sprinkled the packet on them and at it like a big cracker... would not recommend to anyone.

LOL - a (begrudgingly) favorite backpacking food of mine is what we call the "Sh!t brick..." it's a block of Ramen noodles, broken in half along the "noodle fold-over" and covered with peanut butter. Bear in mind that it's not a favorite because of how it tastes, but because it's small, light, calorie-dense, and takes up next to no room in the pack. The name is also a bit ironic, bacause after a couple of days of eating these as your trail lunch, you'll be doing anything you can TO evaucate the ol' colon!! :-D

As for my favorite recipes, there's a recipe for Ramen coleslaw out there that a friend used to make...man, I need to find it, because it sure was good! If I'm just making Ramen soup, though, I like to use one packet each of the Beef and the Oriental flavor and make sort of a "poor man's Pho" by adding in some shredded roast beef (usually leftover round or flank steak, but I've even used Oscar Meyer Cutting Board Deli Roast Beef in a pinch and it worked well!), chopped green onions, a dash of sriracha, a squeeze of lime, garlic powder, and a sprig of Thai basil. To this you can also add cilantro, bean sprouts, hoisin sauce, ground beef, or anything else you might like.

Then there's my favorite "College Ramen"
- Come home after an especially hard exam or a night of too many beers
- Turn on TV
- Open Ramen. Dump noodles into whatever bowl is clean (bonus points if the bowl was "borrowed" from the cafeteria of your freshman dorm)
- Dump flavor packet onto dry noodles
- Add water to coffee maker, HotShot, electric kettle, or whatever other heating recepticle you may have handy
- Watch TV and wait out the painstaking 2-5 minutes while your water heats up.
- Pour hot water over noodles/broth powder.
- Wait out additional 3-5 minutes while noodles soften. Watch more TV
- Retrieve bowl o' noodles. Stir to mix broth. Plop down in front of TV and enjoy noodles with a(nother) cold, cheap beer. :thumb:

This thread made me hungry. I'm going to go make some for lunch right now.

2 packages of Chicken ramen (I put one seasoning packet in with the boiling water)
drain noodles and fry with soy and sriracha
sometimes I add an egg, going to omit it today
I have leftover pork and brisket form the comp this weekend, going to add some of that!

YUM!

LOL - a (begrudgingly) favorite backpacking food of mine is what we call the "Sh!t brick..." it's a block of Ramen noodles, broken in half along the "noodle fold-over" and covered with peanut butter. Bear in mind that it's not a favorite because of how it tastes, but because it's small, light, calorie-dense, and takes up next to no room in the pack. The name is also a bit ironic, bacause after a couple of days of eating these as your trail lunch, you'll be doing anything you can TO evaucate the ol' colon!! :-D

As for my favorite recipes, there's a recipe for Ramen coleslaw out there that a friend used to make...man, I need to find it, because it sure was good! If I'm just making Ramen soup, though, I like to use one packet each of the Beef and the Oriental flavor and make sort of a "poor man's Pho" by adding in some shredded roast beef (usually leftover round or flank steak, but I've even used Oscar Meyer Cutting Board Deli Roast Beef in a pinch and it worked well!), chopped green onions, a dash of sriracha, a squeeze of lime, garlic powder, and a sprig of Thai basil. To this you can also add cilantro, bean sprouts, hoisin sauce, ground beef, or anything else you might like.

Then there's my favorite "College Ramen"
- Come home after an especially hard exam or a night of too many beers
- Turn on TV
- Open Ramen. Dump noodles into whatever bowl is clean (bonus points if the bowl was "borrowed" from the cafeteria of your freshman dorm)
- Dump flavor packet onto dry noodles
- Add water to coffee maker, HotShot, electric kettle, or whatever other heating recepticle you may have handy
- Watch TV and wait out the painstaking 2-5 minutes while your water heats up.
- Pour hot water over noodles/broth powder.
- Wait out additional 3-5 minutes while noodles soften. Watch more TV
- Retrieve bowl o' noodles. Stir to mix broth. Plop down in front of TV and enjoy noodles with a(nother) cold, cheap beer. :thumb:

Here you go.

Oriental Spicy Slaw
Start this slaw a day ahead as the uncooked oriental noodles need time to absorb moisture and become soft.
Dressing
¼ Cup sugar
¼ cup rice or cider vinegar
2 tsp each salt and pepper
¾ cup vegetable oil
¼ cup dark oriental sesame oil
1 ½ tablespoons hot chili or to taste (I omit this)

2 ¼ pounds green cabbage
1 1/3 cups chopped green onion
3 packages (3 oz each) chicken flavor oriental noodles with seasoning packets (ramen)
I cup toasted slivered almonds
¼ cup toasted sesame seeds
1. To make dressing, put sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper in a large bowl and whisk until sugar dissolves. Whisk in oil until well blended.
2. Add cabbage and green onions. Toss to mix. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Mixture will wilt and decrease in volume.
3. About 4 hours before serving crumble uncooked noodles over cabbage mixture. Sprinkle with seasonings (from packet) and toss to mix well.
4. Cover and refrigerate. Noodles will soften as they absorb moisture.
5. Just before serving, add almonds and sesame seeds and toss to mix.
Enjoy.