• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Grill gloves

Fwismoker

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I was going to get some new grill gloves for PP pulling/ pulling birds off, adjusting dampers etc...

You all know how expensive those can be...well i was in Walmart yesterday and they have a big box of different types of work gloves. They had some Wells Lamont thick knit gloves coated with a grippy latex coating....2 packs for $5 so i got two packs of them. Can't beat 4 pairs for 10 dollars. I tried them out last night by picking up the base of the mini when it was at it's hottest point and it wasn't even warm on my hands.

I'd imagine 4 sets of these things will probably last a couple of years so if you're by Wally World it's worth checking out imo.

would worry about food and grease getting in the non coated part of the glove as far as food safety goes

Try using cotton gloves with regular non latex powder free gloves over them Works like a charm

The cotton gloves with the nitrile ones over them works really great for pulling pork.

When I'm just pulling something off the smoker or moving meat and want something quick to throw on the best rubber gloves I have found were the one from big poppa. All the other rubber gloves I've used the tips eventually get very stiff from all the heat and you lose dexterity. I would go through 3 pairs in a year. But the big poppa ones have been going a year strong now and I can't tell a difference.

https://www.bigpoppasmokers.com/store/bbq-accessories/neoprene-heat-gloves

I like Fryer Gloves....have used the 450 degree one for everything from pulling to hot gloves for smoker grates.

I have cheap welder's gloves for handling the non-food items, thick rubber gloves for handling hot meat, and thinner rubber gloves for pulling and cutting. About $15 total investment.

Back