• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Chicken Pron

Fatback Joe

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Had some parts to get rid of so a little rub and on the WSM they went. Sauced them towards the end and dug in.

Cooking.JPG

Leg.JPG

Plate.JPG

Very sweet!! What sauce did you finish them with?

If i didn't see them on the WSM, i'd swear those were oven cooked.....:twisted:

Looks good. The color is interesting. I'd like to try some.

Looks great! Did you thin the sauce and with what and how much? My sauce is always too dark.:confused:

I started to say that it was not thinned with anything but I guess it was really. I put the parts in a pan with sauce for a while (bite threw skin method) then took them back out and put them on the grate again to set things up a bit and painted them lightly with the sauce that was in the pan. The juice from the chicken had definitely thinned the sauce some.

I started to say that it was not thinned with anything but I guess it was really. I put the parts in a pan with sauce for a while (bite threw skin method) then took them back out and put them on the grate again to set things up a bit and painted them lightly with the sauce that was in the pan. The juice from the chicken had definitely thinned the sauce some.

Hey FB Joe,

Could you elaborate on your entire procedure please? I just did a chicken cook on my new UDS and while it tasted fantastic, all the pieces were very dark. Your's looks so much more appetizing. I assume you used a water pan. Did you use any wood? Did you have the cover on? How long did you cook? What temp?

Thanks,
Rick

Hey FB Joe,

Could you elaborate on your entire procedure please? I just did a chicken cook on my new UDS and while it tasted fantastic, all the pieces were very dark. Your's looks so much more appetizing. I assume you used a water pan. Did you use any wood? Did you have the cover on? How long did you cook? What temp?

Thanks,
Rick

Sent you a PM

I think the results are in direct correlation to the excellent seasoning done to the WSM and the careful and elaborate mods made!!!

Dang sure some good looking yard runner there brother!!

I think the results are in direct correlation to the excellent seasoning done to the WSM and the careful and elaborate mods made!!!

Dang sure some good looking yard runner there brother!!

Ok, now that you sold me the chicken cooking model, you got anything that will turn out a winning butt? LOL

looks really good Joe. I' ve been workin' to get that color!! Congrats. Hope the taste was as good as the presentation!! ....stan

Back