• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Lang 108 vs Lang 84

Gary in Va

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Anyone here have a Lang 108 that also has or has previously had an 84?

I have an 84 and was looking to possibly upgrade to the 108. I was wondering that with the increased size is there much difference in wood consumption and temp control?

I cook often at 350 for chicken and pork loins. Is there a problelm obtaining and maintaining these higher temps.

I cook butts and briskets at 250-270. Are we talking about alot of extra wood to maintain this temp. (more than 1-2 sticks per hour)?

thanks in advance for any help you can provide

Gary

Don't know that answer personally or know anyone running a 108.
Possibly a call to Ben Lang tomorrow morning will help you.
He's known to be near the phones in the morning.

I don't own anything near as complex as even a lang 48, but this thread has my attention. I didn't even know there was anything over 84.

:pop2:

Forrest (Florida Farmer) has Twin 108s on a 28' trailer.
I am sure he has feedback for you.

I am giving him a heads up to catch this thread.

TIM

I have a 84, a 96, and the twin 108....they all have the deluxe warmer boxes. All run pretty much exactly the same and use minimal wood.

I have a 84, a 96, and the twin 108....they all have the deluxe warmer boxes. All run pretty much exactly the same and use minimal wood.
Holly Molly!!! :shocked: You must have the entire state of Florida covered in BBQ.. :eusa_clap My hat is off to you. If I ever retire, and end up in Florida, I'll be looking you up. Surely you'll need some help... :wink: Cheers!!!

Actually, the Langs are a very, very small part of Forrest's collection.

I think when he retires, he is gonna open a Cooker Museum :grin:

As to Pics--Forrest is not a camera kinda guy--sorry. :oops:

Damn fine cook too, both at comps and in the "real world".

TIM

When it come to stick burning nothing is written in stone. But most heavy duty off set have to be feed once an hou I ave one built out of 1/2 sometime I can get 1 1/2 out of of it

Actually, the Langs are a very, very small part of Forrest's collection.

Jeez. Why not just combine all the smokers into one massive unit like this:

Propane_Truck.jpg

Back