Smoked Pork Loin Cook

TBoneMac

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I'm smoking a pork loin roast today. It will be butterflied, dry-brined, stuffed, rubbed, and smoked.

Pork loin is lean, tasty, inexpensive, and cooks relatively fast. I bought a beautiful pork loin last night at Costco for $1.49/lb.

More details later.

20191101_191803.jpg

20191101_191814.jpg

Last edited:
Cook Details

- Swift Premium Natural pork loin from Costco, 10-lb (only $15)

- Butterflied, and dry-brined for 3 hours with 1/2 tsp kosher salt per lb of meat

- Stuffed with Meathead's Bread & Butter Stuffing with Cranberries

- Brushed with olive oil and rubbed with Meathead's Memphis Dust

- Weber Kettle 22", with Slow 'n Sear, using water in the reservoir

- Royal Oak Chef's Select briquets

- Weber Apple and Pecan wood chunks

- Grate temp 225

- Meat finish internal temp 142 (will carry over to 145)

Last edited:
I'm just about to clean, butcher, and butterfly the pork loin. You can see the knife techniques here:

Cleaning and butchering a whole pork loin
https://video.search.yahoo.com/sear...=daaeee9ca7c1117e63563e2784092e05&action=view

Butterflying a pork loin roast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev2CDEM4aC0

As far as leaving or removing the exterior fat, there are fierce debates as to which is best. Since I'm stuffing the roast, I will remove all exterior fat and chewy silver skin before cooking. The stuffing will provide extra moisture, and the fat and chewy silver skin will be trashed before the cook even begins. Good riddance, IMHO.

Last edited:
That loin stuffing by meathead looks awesome. Gonna have to steal that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This will be my first try at using this stuffing recipe. I may adjust and experiment.

My wife was surprised there were no chopped pecans included. I will experiment with adding pecans in the coming week. But for now, I'm gonna stick to the basic recipe to establish a baseline, and I'll go from there.

BTW, I'm excluding the eggs from the stuffing recipe because I do not plan to make muffins, as Meathead does in his cook. My daughter-in-law is allergic to eggs.

However, I may experiment with eggs later when it's just the wife and I eating.

Back