What’s your fav Wing rub?

I've been doing the Kosmos stuff lately. I started with the Honey BBQ to support my daughter's preferences, and I have to say I was underwhelmed. I need to give it a little more volume next time to see if it comes through better.

Now the Seven Pepper Face lift, that stuff is the bomb for deep pepper flavor with a kick. Huge fan. I need to get it dialed in for the right amount of flavor/heat.

I've found Kosmo's wing dust takes more than recommended to get a lot of flavor. Not bad for a dry option.

Thanks for all of the replies! I ordered some HDD & some of the Smokey chili lime to try. Gonna give that Naturiffic a try too. Ordered some firebug mild sauce to try. Hopefully it will be good. Anybody like or dislike the firebug sauce??

Last edited:
When you order the Naturiffic make sure you order the Q-Salt too, never used it on wings but it works great on beef, pork and poultry as well.

Our favorite right now is a marinade/rub combo. Marinade is teriyaki, ginger in the squeeze bottle, sesame oil. The dry portion is ginger, black pepper, cayenne, five spice, garlic and an Asian blend with sesame, garlic, dried nori. Works well on most meats.

I’ve been using a old recipe my folks found in Southern Living a long time ago. Makes awesome wings.

The rub is 1/3 cup Cajun seasoning, 1/3 cup garlic powder, 1/3 cup black pepper, and 1 1/2 tablespoons of Cavender’s Greek seasoning. Makes about 1 1/4 cups.

Combine 1/3 cup of the rub with 1 cup of hot sauce (I use Louisiana Hot Sauce). Marinade four pounds of wings in half of the hot sauce mixture for 3-4 hours. Reserve the other half of the marinade for basting.

Grill the wings at 400 for 15-20 minutes per side and occasionally baste with the reserved marinade. They always come out great.

If a dry rub is your thing.....

f2d404a49a04b655f1af11c8a84c95e2.jpg

I'll check it out!

My go to is Dizzy Pig Pineapple Head plus I add a real sweet bbq sauce. I call them my Mojo Wings as like victory it's sweet - my team is 6-0 when I do them

Dry Brine question. Let’s say I sprinkle with a little kosher salt & put in the fridge overnight. I know this helps draw out moisture to get crispier skin... but Before grilling, should I put any binder on the skin to get the rub to stick or would that defeat the purpose of the dry brine? Thanks for all of the rub suggestions too!

Dry Brine question. Let’s say I sprinkle with a little kosher salt & put in the fridge overnight. I know this helps draw out moisture to get crispier skin... but Before grilling, should I put any binder on the skin to get the rub to stick or would that defeat the purpose of the dry brine? Thanks for all of the rub suggestions too!

No binder is needed.
You can dry brine with the Hot Wing Rub (it’s made with Sea Salt) and go straight to grill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oakridge Secret weapon is my fav. Sometimes add a little HDD. SOMETIMES NOT

I like Naturiffic hot wing rub but lately I think I might like the chicken salt even more. I also agree that jerk wings are very good.

I usually season with Kosmos Dirty Bird Hot, some garlic powder and pepper. Then toss them with a good dusting of Kosmos Nashville Hot wing dust right when they come off the grill. No sauce needed.

Back