Pork Chop Pron!

bggarric

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
So, a few days ago I posted a request for directions on cooking a great porkchop, and as usual the brethren gave me some really great advice. :clap2:

If you'd like to read that thread, it can be found http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96894

After reading over the suggestions, I decided to go with Swibiruns method (Post #16).

I took the primo up to about 550 and seared the chops for about 2 minutes per side. I then went indirect at about 400 until the internal reached 140 on the chops.

The chops were probably a little over 1 inch thick and were the best pork chops I've ever made. They were rubbed with Dizzy Pig's Raging River rub (mostly because I hadn't tried that one yet). My roommate rubbed his with Dizzy Dust and I think I preferred that.

I've read that Simply Marvelous cherry or pecan works really well on pork, so hopefully one day I can get my hands on some of that and try it too! :-o

The chops were served with some horseradish mashed potatoes (which were fantastic), some green beans, and a tall glass of sweet tea.

Thanks for looking and thanks again for all of your advice. They really did turn out great!

Attachments

• photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 138
  • photo (3).jpg
    photo (3).jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 136
That Swibirun guy can't cook a lick. Have you ever looked at his blog? I think he uses it to pick up chicks in cyber-space. And the people he associates with in the blogosphere, bunch of snobs!

That is a really nice looking pork chop though.

Pay no attention to that Landarc character, he has been hitting the eggnog a bit hard lately. Those are some great looking chops.

Oddly, there was an eggnog over-imbibing incident on Friday night, and I did not sleep well.

It all looks fantastic! The only thing I would have done differently is throw a little applesauce on that plate - but it looks like them fine lookin' chops don't need no help!

Back