• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Salt pepper and oak

• Thread starter barbefunkoramaque
  • Start date
BBQ documentary. Loved it. I was surprised at how fast they cooked their brisket though.

You know Dell was close by... Wifi throghout the building. That was almost wrong.

Mine are done in about 8, never dry and at one inch thick are tender as all get out. Notice he does not separate the point and flat too. I have been there many times... both places.

BBC - Well that explains why they didn't get Vencil's slurs then. I won't draw attention to it, but I was more loving the BBQ than listening.

Nice video. A lot of history with those two fellas. Didn't look like much action were in the restaurants, though it is a very small town.

I would stop by both places.

Oh, and gotta love the Sky Full of BACON!!

Nice video. A lot of history with those two fellas. Didn't look like much action were in the restaurants, though it is a very small town.

I would stop by both places.

Oh, and gotta love the Sky Full of BACON!!

Yeah I thought of you when I saw this. Hey, u ever been to Cotton Belt BBQ in Smithfield?

Never been to Cottenbelt. Where's it at?

Tough my dad worked for the Cottenbelt Railroad before they changed names.

Never been to Cottenbelt. Where's it at?

Tough my dad worked for the Cottenbelt Railroad before they changed names.

LOL Off of HWY 1938 AND 820 IN THE old cotton warehouse RIGHT ON THE RAIL LINE. ODD HUH?

Ha.. I'll have to check it out. Recommend anything from there?

how hot is his smoker, i heard one of them say 4 to 6 hours for brisket,

how hot is his smoker, i heard one of them say 4 to 6 hours for brisket,

They both run fast and hot at 275 to 350. Long rests though. And if they didnt do sausage they would probably keep it at the higher end.

Thanks for posting the link!

Southside Market in Elgin is good also.

Thanks for posting the link!

Southside Market in Elgin is good also.

Go UT! Either that is the source of your name or you are referring to the orange grease bbq produces... actually these two places don;t have orange grease because theres nothing but salt and pepper. LOL

"I knocked that booger out. I used to hit pretty hard."

I love that!

barbefunkoramague, NICE video. thanks for sharing (kinda wonderin if it should be in the woodpile,,, but then again it's all about bbqin, sooooo )

you are becoming someone I watch for posts lately, you do know your bbq, very knowledgeable (sp?)

"I knocked that booger out. I used to hit pretty hard."

I love that!

Yeah that's the term I was shocked they left in. Anyway Mista you mad at me or something? I wrote you a PM and you never responded buddy. :frown:

Back