Peculiar, Missouri - July 20-21

Jeff_in_KC

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Who else will be there? Big Creek will be there cooking with a little assistance! :wink: Won't roll in til at leaast 4pm Friday though. :sad:

I'd stop in and say hi ... but I'll be at the lake at your favorite Warrensburg sponsor's place.

After last weekend, I got nowhere to go but up. :roll:

Just in case I was mis-construed...
I had no idea about last weekend :oops:

It was a "good" weekend and "great" cook wish :lol:

Knock 'em dead and make us proud--OK?

TIM

Just in case I was mis-construed...
I had no idea about last weekend :oops:

It was a "good" weekend and "great" cook wish :lol:

Knock 'em dead and make us proud--OK?

TIM

:lol: I understood what you were saying, Tim. I was making comment about my performance (or lack thereof) last weekend. :wink:

Jeff the key maybe less beer, hurricanes, tequila, and whisky this weekend! (did I miss any drinks)

Jeff. ive sampled your food at the last fall bash. What are you concerned about? Bad judging? Seems to be the rage.
Guess thats why I havent competed this year.
Im saving my nickels to travel to a bash or possibly host one. I know the Brethren Folks dont cook bad food...........

We'll see you out there Jeff. We should be set up by noon on Friday. We'll look you up sometime Friday night.

Yes we will be their. Most likely will not get in until 6:30pm or a little later due to the job. I'm inviting all of you to stop by and introduce yourselves.
And good luck also.

After last weekend, I got nowhere to go but up. :roll:

Wrong again. :mad: Chicken (better than my 1st place Blue springs chicken last year) finished 31st. Pork was like 23rd or something. I was SHOCKED! Thanks to Jeff cooking with us, we got 14th overall with his 3rd in ribs and 3rd in brisket.

Grand was Four Men and a Pig. Forgot who was reserve. I don't have the stomach to look at the score sheets right now.

Wrong again. :mad: Chicken (better than my 1st place Blue springs chicken last year) finished 31st. Pork was like 23rd or something. I was SHOCKED! Thanks to Jeff cooking with us, we got 14th overall with his 3rd in ribs and 3rd in brisket.

Grand was Four Men and a Pig. Forgot who was reserve. I don't have the stomach to look at the score sheets right now.

From where I stand, that's a very respectable showing Jeff!! PeculiarMike said he stopped by and y'all made him feel welcome.....thx

From where I stand, that's a very respectable showing Jeff!! PeculiarMike said he stopped by and y'all made him feel welcome.....thx

Well, respectable would be if I had cooked the categories we scored well in. The respectable part goes to Bubba and Jeff's Jeff. :lol: That boy can damned well cook!

Was nice to meet Mike... when he came up and mentioned "Tonto", I'm kinda thinking "OK this person lives in Michigan. How does he know her?" :lol: Then he explained. Thanks for having him look us up!

Jeff - don't even sweat it. Rick's brisket was spot on this weekend too, and can't even tell you where it placed. It was as good or better than his 3rd place Brisket last year at this event....and was in the bottom 1/3.

You know you cook better when you arent so hard on yourself.:cool:

Made the rounds a couple of times - boy they had us packed in there...
The couple of times I walked by, you looked busy Jeff - so we didn't stop in. We'll catch you next time.
-

Back