Turning in trimmed chicken breast

River City Smokehouse

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Who does well in comps. turning in chicken breast that is trimmed to look like a thigh?
I did some up last comp but didn't have the Cojones' to turn them in. I stuck with thighs as I have for years. I'm not one that likes to test things out usually at a contest but I gotta say I'm really thinking about it hard here.

Have any pics ? Interesting idea...

Still, white meat is white meat and you still need to ensure it stays moist.

Who does well in comps. turning in chicken breast that is trimmed to look like a thigh?

I tried this at the Jack last year and thought the white meat came out great. I trimmed them like thighs, injected them and smoked slow and low to max internal of 160*. The judges hated my chicken entry but its hard to say how many of the judges sampled the white meat, they all could of taken the thighs as far as I know. I think its worth the try, if you can nail the flavor and moistness they should stand out from the candied thighs and I think thats a good thing. White meat is the four pieces down the center of the box....

1911271100_9af50f061a.jpg

Have any pics ? Interesting idea...

Still, white meat is white meat and you still need to ensure it stays moist.
No pics, sorry. And that's pretty bad too considering my wife is a photographer. I asked her if she brought her camera.....NOPE! was the answer I got. The white meat was great, and very moist. I think it was worthy but we ate it instead and turned in the thighs. I'm a wuss.:rolleyes:

Back