Stainless Steel Prep Table Foldable for Comps

jketron

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Anyone use or know if a good brand for a 6' foot stainless table? Folding legs is a must but the table doesnt need to fold, I prefer a one piece.

I use one, a friend built a couple of them using SS elevator doors and the frame off of a heavy duty folding table, that table is awesome, so easy to clean and very sturdy.

I'm jealous, I've seen a couple online I may try if no one has one that's proven

Do you really need stainless? You can save a lot on money using the plastic top table from Sam's or Costco and covering them with a plastic table cloth. We buy the table cloth material in a roll and roll out a piece at the beginning of a comp, hold it down with table cloth clips, and then toss it at the end of the competition.

Do you really need stainless? You can save a lot on money using the plastic top table from Sam's or Costco and covering them with a plastic table cloth. We buy the table cloth material in a roll and roll out a piece at the beginning of a comp, hold it down with table cloth clips, and then toss it at the end of the competition.

Need it? Of course not but it's stainless steel! How can you not want one!?

I am curious. Don't the tables tarnish and/or stain after each use. Wouldn't they be a pain in the ass to clean? I have thought of these for a long time but stayed away and use plastic type picnic folding tables for outdoor use.

I am curious. Don't the tables tarnish and/or stain after each use. Wouldn't they be a pain in the ass to clean? I have thought of these for a long time but stayed away and use plastic type picnic folding tables for outdoor use.
We use butcher paper from sams to wrap and put on plastic top tables. I clean with clorox wipes right then when we toss the paper.

No, the stainless tables like you see in kitchens won't stain or tarnish. They'll last practically forever too. I think it depends on how heavy and heavy duty you want to get. If it ever starts to look dull, just scrub with some barkeepers friend and it will look good as new.

The suggestion above about elevator doors is a nice one, but that is dependent on a building getting torn down or getting replacement doors AND the building had to have stainless doors already on there.

You can get them (the tables) off craigslist fairly often as bars, restaurants, and other establishments close. They won't fold, but if you have a truck or trailer you use, you can just toss it with everything else.

Back