View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 05:45 AM   #4
IamMadMan
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
I have read good reviews on this product. I have also read that for High Volume vac sealing that you are better off with a chamber sealer.Just wondering....?

That is about 1/2 the price of the good quality chamber sealers I have seen.

I looked at the Vac-Master chamber sealers before I chose the Pro-2300. I use mine in what I consider to be very heavy as I go through about 100 bags a month for almost a year now and have had no problems. My focus was on high volume and what happens when the machine is down. (Do I have to send the machine for repairs, or can I fix it myself?) Weston was the only manufacturer to have a maintenance kit / parts readily available to the consumer.

I was fortunate enough to have a friend who owns a sporting goods store and knew I was going to purchase the pro-2300 and he gave me the unit as a gift. A great friend and a great vac-sealer.

I bought a maintenance kit on sale, but have yet had to use it. My initial thought were "I'd rather have the parts on hand if needed than to wait for them", however it is so sturdy I have yet to see any sign of weakness.

I would like to have had the chamber sealer for doing liquids like soups, stews, and such from leftovers. But the 2100 / 2300 has a manual seal button when doing items with liquids. I find it best to refrigerate these liquid items prior to sealing to get a perfect seal without having to use the manual seal button.

All in all I am more than happy with the pro-2300 performance and durability.

The only difference between the 2100 and the 2300 is that the 2300 has a stainless steel finish and the 2100 is a white enamel finish. Weston has refurbished models for about $300.00 with a full warranty.

They can be found under the Cabella's label as a CG-11 and is now on sale for $279.00 with a maintenance kit and free shipping..

What really separates the Pro 2100 & 2300 vacuum sealers from other sealers is these machines can be repaired in your home with easy to replace parts, and not have to replace the unit or send away for repairs.

Last edited by IamMadMan; 12-12-2012 at 06:03 AM..
IamMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->