Reasonalbe priced canopies

tduffy

is Blowin Smoke!
I'm looking to buy either 2 10x10 or 1 10x20 canopy to replace my 2 8x8 canopies that are shot.

I'm looking for good but I don't have alot to spend. What does everyone recommend? all the ez up brand ones i see are out of my range.

If you want walls, the E-Z Up Instant Shelter at Sam's is hard to beat at $199. It comes with 4 walls and the hold down plates and is fairly heavy duty with cross bracing.

what he said ^^^^^ cant beat Sams durability and price. Most bang for the buck...

I'm looking to buy either 2 10x10 or 1 10x20 canopy to replace my 2 8x8 canopies that are shot.

I'm looking for good but I don't have alot to spend. What does everyone recommend? all the ez up brand ones i see are out of my range.
None of the 10x20's are cheap, plus the 10x20's are pretty heavy. The EZ-Up that Sam's sells is the best value. I still have two that are 6 or 7 years old.

bought mine last year from overstock.com, 90 ea.

Also wanted to mention I replaced my perfectly fine 10x20 with two 10x10 just so it was easier to manage. 10x20's are bulky and a pain in the arse.

If you want walls, the E-Z Up Instant Shelter at Sam's is hard to beat at $199. It comes with 4 walls and the hold down plates and is fairly heavy duty with cross bracing.

Agreed, for the money these can't be beat. The SAMs version is up fitted from the standard 10x10. As for 10x20, unless you are spending a four figure amount for a pro one than I wouldn't bother. The reasonably priced ones will not last.

after thinking about it 2 10x10 canopies would be better than a 10x20.

Until it rains...Then you have a waterfall right into the middle of your work area ;)

The 10x20 is a bit bulky and DEFINITELY not recommended for 1 man teams, but 2 guys can handle one easily. I've set them up on my own before many times (golf industry demo days). A dolly helps tremendously with moving them about.

However when it rains, there is something to be said for having a full 10x20 of dry/covered space.

Until it rains...Then you have a waterfall right into the middle of your work area ;)

The 10x20 is a bit bulky and DEFINITELY not recommended for 1 man teams, but 2 guys can handle one easily. I've set them up on my own before many times (golf industry demo days). A dolly helps tremendously with moving them about.

However when it rains, there is something to be said for having a full 10x20 of dry/covered space.
that is the exact reason I considered getting a bigger one because of the current issue with water running between my 2 8x8 canopies.

As far as rainwater when using 2 10x20, a friend of mine uses pvc pipe cut in half w/ bungee type cords to hold the pipe to create a gutter that channels the water to the sides to dump. He also using clips to clip the canopies together after rolling them up a bit before putting the "gutters" in.
I don't know how similar the Sam's ones are but I've had the best luck w/ the EZUp ExpressII from Academy for approx. $100-150 lower price when they're clearing out stock for new summer season as in now would be time to buy at lower price. The biggest thing w/ 2 canopies is that they're straight legged not tilted. From your 8x8, I'd say the legs were tilted so wouldn't fit together well

Academy usually has the lowest prices on EZ Ups. I got my 12x12 for $99 and it has made it through 3 winters of hunting seasons and 2 summers of smoking and the top is just now starting to dry rot. As much as I use them, I wasn't expecting to get 2 years out of it. I don't know if there are any cheaper than those.

Teamfour has a nifty thing that clips between his tents made out of the same material as the canopy. It catches rain and directs it to the side. Where did you buy that thing lee?

He also using clips to clip the canopies together after rolling them up a bit before putting the "gutters" in.
The biggest thing w/ 2 canopies is that they're straight legged not tilted. From your 8x8, I'd say the legs were tilted so wouldn't fit together well

I use 2 10x10s and roll up the material together between the two and clip the material with binder clips. Works great and is super cheap!

We have the ShelterLogic brand 12X20, from Northern Tool and Equipment. Very well made, dry inside, easy to assemble (2 or 3 people makes it easy), really like it! You can order the sides and end kit as well, very worth it in the cold and rain.

It is hard the beat the ez-up from Sam's but I did have good luck this year with the Ozark Trail 10x10 from wal mart. They sell the sides in store as well.

The Sams deal on the 10x10 is hard to beat as the other have said. The water thing is a pain for sure. We used one of the gutters but I don't think it works well at all. This year I am buying a big tarp from Harbor Freight and putting it over the span of the two tents. This will cover the gap and allow for the water to run off. I saw this done last year at a comp and couldn't believe that I didn't think to try it earlier. I hope it all works out.

I have a 10+20 that I bought from pepboys 5 years ago for $90.it's still in good shape and they still go for $90,takes about 25min to put and any canopy sides work with it

Back