Tri Tip Is Salad, Right?

gtr

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
We had a Boy Scout party thingee tonight and I saw that my wife had signed us up to bring a salad. Great idea! So I stopped at the Costco and grabbed a couple tri tips.

If I understand correctly, a salad is when you mix stuff together, so I mixed the TT with this stuff right here.

IMG_2378.jpg

I threw 'em on the Kettle indirect for a while - WG lump and a chunk of...fark :doh:...I can't remember. :tsk:

IMG_2377.jpg

After they were the right firmness, which is not very firm, I pulled 'em off and got searing temps going.

IMG_2380.jpg

And I seared 'em and let 'em rest.

IMG_2381.jpg

We decided to blow off going to the thingee 'cause my young 'un might still be a little under the weather, and we were feeling very lazy to boot. Anyway, I sliced 'em, and I liked what I saw.

IMG_2382.jpg

One of my favorite salads to date!

IMG_2379.jpg

Thanks for looking!

From Merriam-Webster

sal·ad

noun \ˈsa-ləd\ : a mixture of raw green vegetables (such as different types of lettuce) usually combined with other raw vegetables
: a mixture of small pieces of raw or cooked food (such as pasta, meat, fruit, eggs, or vegetables) combined usually with a dressing and served cold

So the answer to your question is no. But that does not take away from a great looking tri-tip.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
From Merriam-Webster

sal·ad

noun \ˈsa-ləd\ : a mixture of raw green vegetables (such as different types of lettuce) usually combined with other raw vegetables
: a mixture of small pieces of raw or cooked food (such as pasta, meat, fruit, eggs, or vegetables) combined usually with a dressing and served cold

So the answer to your question is no. But that does not take away from a great looking tri-tip.
Oh yeah! What about Jell-O salad, huh? Well?

That is a fine salad. If need be, put some parsley around it

Best salad I've ever seen!! I'd sooooo hit that. Nice job Greg!

• Thanks
Salads like that make me seriously consider becoming a vegetarian, great job. :thumb:

• Thanks
Oh yeah! What about Jell-O salad, huh? Well?

That is a fine salad. If need be, put some parsley around it

I think a big part of that definition is that it needs something cold. Jell-O salad has a fruit or vegetable in it. Sorry for the hi-jack gtr.

Nice salad.

• Thanks
I think a big part of that definition is that it needs something cold. Jell-O salad has a fruit or vegetable in it. Sorry for the hi-jack gtr.

Nice salad.

All good bro! :thumb:

I think the knife was kind of cold, or at least room temp when I sliced the salad - does that count? :noidea:

All these awesome tri tip threads. One mighty salad.:thumb:

• Thanks
I think I'd break a rule and finally eat salad for once after seeing that!

• Thanks
Back