Pastrami on Marble Rye, mmmmm GOOD!

Desert Dweller

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Mesa, AZ Not exactly hell, but the zip code is ve
I found a Corned Beef Brisket at Rest. Depot the other day, and it screamed Pastrami at me. I only leached it 24 hours then another 12 hours soaking in seasoned brine of water, AJ, Todd's Dirt and Black Pepper. It went on the WSM at about 1400 hours, and came off about 2200. Cooked at 250 w/hickory and pecan. Made a good sandwich, or two...

Attachments

• pastrami3 002.jpg
    pastrami3 002.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 177
  • pastrami3 004.jpg
    pastrami3 004.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 174
  • pastrami3 005.jpg
    pastrami3 005.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 175
  • pastrami3 006.jpg
    pastrami3 006.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 173
  • pastrami3 007.jpg
    pastrami3 007.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 175
  • pastrami3 008.jpg
    pastrami3 008.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 175
  • pastrami3 009.jpg
    pastrami3 009.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 175
  • pastrami3 010.jpg
    pastrami3 010.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 175
Your sandwich and plating look great...

But what's that WHITE STUFF on that bread???????? :shock: :eek:

:eek:...that ain't mayo, izzit??? :shock:

Good looking sandwich! Wow, you only cured for day and a half? I thought with pastrami, you wanted to go 2 days per pound.

Hee hee hee! My first thought was "No! Not mayo!" At least I'm not alone!

the pastrami looks good! I keep looking at those big corned briskets at RD and threatening to buy one. This may be a good reason to do it!

What was the internal temp when you took it out of the WSM?

that looks good i could care less if he put 10 oz of mayo on it id still be all over it

Hey, I'm just funning. You should see some of the combinations that I eat :eek: WOOF !!!

If that's what DD likes to eat, then that means that he ENJOYED IT !!! and that's a good thing. :-D

Your sandwich and plating look great...

But what's that WHITE STUFF on that bread???????? :shock: :eek:

:eek:...that ain't mayo, izzit??? :shock:
uh, yep...

Yeah, I didn't think mayo was allowed on said pastrami
allowed by who?

Hee hee hee! My first thought was "No! Not mayo!" At least I'm not alone!

the pastrami looks good! I keep looking at those big corned briskets at RD and threatening to buy one. This may be a good reason to do it!

What was the internal temp when you took it out of the WSM?
Yes, it's farkin mayo!!! I like it like that. I took it off when the internal was about 175

I'd hit that!! I was unaware of the no mayo clause..........Looks good to me. Bo, did you intentionally try to match the swirls on the plate with the ones on the bread? Looks like that plate was made to go with that specific sammie!

How are your boys doing? Seems they would have torn up at least a sammie or two a piece.

Looks good Bo! Do you steam yours after smoking?
Yes, I do now. I take it off about 165-175, then steam to finish when I reheat for sandwiches.

How are your boys doing? Seems they would have torn up at least a sammie or two a piece.

They are doing good. I took them out Friday evening... Yes, they would have made mince meat out of that thing!

I got a corned beef point soaking right now! Great minds...

Back