St. Louis and BB ribs on the Weber OTG today!!

Homebrewed Q

Take a breath!
Reaction score
IMAG0062.jpg

Rainy Sunday down here in Southeast Texas, good time for some ribs (but then again when isn't it?) Will be putting these on the OTG later, one rack of St. Louis and one rack of BB ribs. Rubbed with Ritter's Peach, then Ritter's Bee Nectar, and finished with Williams BBQ rub. Happy Sunday Y'all!!

IMAG0064.jpg

Grabbed a couple of ears of corn and a sweet onion to enhance the dining experience.

IMAG0065.jpg

Quartered the onion and added half a stick of butter, some Louisiana hot sauce, dried minced garlic, cracked black pepper, and a little Williams BBQ rub.

IMAG0069.jpg

Loaded the STL and BB ribs on the Weber OTG with some Kingsford Blue and pecan chunks.

IMAG0067.jpg

Picked up some Burton Garlic Sausage to put on later with the onion and some jalapenos from the garden.

IMAG0066.jpg

Break time! Time for a beverage and to watch a little Astros / Brewers action. Cheers!!

Wrapped the ribs with butter, honey, and brown sugar, returned to the pit along with the aforementioned onion.

IMAG0071.jpg

Clipped a couple of ripe jalapenos and a cayenne pepper to throw on the pit.

IMAG0072.jpg

Threw on the corn and sausage, you also see the wrapped ribs, onion and peppers. The can is "Name Tag" beer from the recently opened Trader Joe's in our area. Drank 3 last weekend, determined that the other three would be better used for steam on smokes like this......:razz:

IMAG0073.jpg

Unwrapped the ribs, poured the drippings in a sauce pot and added some Garland Jacks Sweet and Sticky BBQ sauce to it for basting. Smelling, looking, and tasting good so far. Not much longer to go!!

IMAG0074.jpg

Both racks glazed and ready for slicing.

IMAG0075.jpg

Baby backs rack sliced in half.

IMAG0076.jpg

St. Louis Ribs cut in half.

IMAG0077.jpg

All of them sliced up and ready to eat!! Sorry for the blurry pic, didn't realize it until it was too late.

IMAG0078.jpg

The onion steamed and ready to eat!!

IMAG0079.jpg

The peppers slighty steamed and wilted. Had a bit of the jalapeno, was a tad hot, normally I like hot stuff and I roast these peppers all the time, they just didn't go with the sweet ribs.

IMAG0080.jpg

The roasted corn, sorry didn't get a pic of it without the husks but it was good stuff!!

IMAG0081.jpg

Last but not least, the sausage. Not bad, I always like to smoke a little sausage to have either to snack on or just to break up the taste of whatever other meat I have.

Thats it for today, thanks for looking and enjoy the rest of your Sunday evening!!

Looks good man! How is that Garland Jacks's Sauce? I see it here in Dallas alot.

Looks good man! How is that Garland Jacks's Sauce? I see it here in Dallas alot.

The Garland Jack's is great. I've tried the Sweet and Sticky Molasses, The Sweet Brown Sugar, and the Squealin' Hot on wings. All are great so far. HEB runs them 5 for $5 every once in a while, I stocked up on 10 bottles last time.
http://www.garlandjacks.com/index.html

I need some of those beer glasses here in Colorado. Reminds me of our previous life in Austin where my Smokemaster Offset was built before the Smokemaster company was sold and then went out of business.

Cheers !!!

Ribs look beautiful. I was gonna say something about those japs too. Just by looking at them I knew they were gonna be hot as heck. Those striations running down them gives it away, not to mention the red.

Ribs look beautiful. I was gonna say something about those japs too. Just by looking at them I knew they were gonna be hot as heck. Those striations running down them gives it away, not to mention the red.

The jalapenos aren't bad when I eat them with a steak, burger, chops, or fajitas, but it just didn't seem to go well with the sweetness of the ribs. I didn't try the cayenne this time, but it us a little milder than the jalapenos have been.

Back