• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Recipe calls for Butter

S

smythers1968

A sauce recipe calls for 4 TBS Butter and ideas on a substitute for this ingredient or would you go ahead and use butter.

How will this keep?
How to make at one time?

we use butter as it is hard to replace the great taste. As a substitute we use Can't Believe it's not butter, it has a higher burning point and close to real butter taste...

Use real butter. The human body is not designed to eat the chemical junk in butter substitutes. Plus it tastes much better.:smile:

You can't beat the flavor that real butter gives you. I use the more is better reasoning and use a ton of the stuff!

Use real butter. The human body is not designed to eat the chemical junk in butter substitutes. Plus it tastes much better.:smile:

Agreed. The food scientists are still studying the effects of trans-fats. But, so far ... it's all bad.

A sauce recipe calls for 4 TBS Butter and ideas on a substitute for this ingredient or would you go ahead and use butter.

How will this keep?
How to make at one time?

Bacon Drippings make a good substitute for butter:-D

As near as I can tell all the substitues for butter have the same amount of fat and same number of calories. We don't allow anything in our house except butter. Well, of course, we do allow bacon grease, lard, mayo, and staples like that.

As near as I can tell all the substitues for butter have the same amount of fat and same number of calories. We don't allow anything in our house except butter. Well, of course, we do allow bacon grease, lard, mayo, and staples like that.

+1 every day

Back