Who wants to work at Willy B's?

B

barfly

O.K. brothers and sisters, anybody want to be a guest employee either at the front counter, cooking or delivering at our own Willy B's BBQ? It's a great way to spend a Sunday, the pay sucks, (O.K. it's non-existant), but the company's great and the foods better. Hopefully we can piggy-back these Brethren-guest employee stints with a parking lot mini-bash so all your Brethren family can make fun of you in your apron! (I kid, of course). I've already worked a shift or two myself and our third team mate Fred manned the counter this past Sunday. He knows nothing about BBq, imagine how good YOU will do. <g>
Feel free to give Will a call if interested and we'll post the next parking lot bash soon as we have a date.

Did my shift last night. Willie dropped my cell phone into a cup of beer.

I dont think Fred was to happy that willie and i were at he front counter with lots of beer in us

I would be honored to help work the counter.
Believe it or not, in my "yout" I worked the counter at Wetson's in Glen Cove,
did a brief stint at a deli in Bayville, lord knows we won't talk about the college days in the sixties but then actually had a retail store back in the 70's.
I am pretty sure I could still work the register and make exact change, not to mention schmoozing the customers a bit.
But then there is the 'fred factor'........
Just kidding, let me know details.
Wes
p.s. I don't have a cell phone.

Westexbbq said:
I would be honored to help work the counter.
Believe it or not, in my "yout" I worked the counter at Wetson's in Glen Cove,
did a brief stint at a deli in Bayville, lord knows we won't talk about the college days in the sixties but then actually had a retail store back in the 70's.
I am pretty sure I could still work the register and make exact change, not to mention schmoozing the customers a bit.
But then there is the 'fred factor'........
Just kidding, let me know details.
Wes
p.s. I don't have a cell phone.
I'm sure Willy will be checking in here but I'll let him know none the less. I'm kinda liking the idea to piggyback a parking lot mini bash on those days when brethren volunteer, (I despise the word *work, don't you?). We could name the bash in honor of the volunteer in question, ie., "The Westexbbq bash" or "The Sledneck Cellphone Memorial Fund Bash". I like that one, catchy.

Howdy,

I'm volunteering this Friday. It would be great to see any brethren who stop by.

I'll try to act as a buffer for Fred. ("heh, buffer, yeah the families got a lot of buffers")

Eric

PS Sorry for the Godfather 2 quote.

barfly said:
We could name the bash in honor of the volunteer in question, or "The Sledneck Cellphone Memorial Fund Bash". I like that one, catchy.

Sounds good to me!!

motoeric said:
Howdy,

I'm volunteering this Friday. It would be great to see any brethren who stop by.

I'll try to act as a buffer for Fred. ("heh, buffer, yeah the families got a lot of buffers")

Eric

PS Sorry for the Godfather 2 quote.
Hey Eric, I'll probably be stopping by Fri. to pick up some grub for our little Christmas partys at the shop, (unless Willy will deliver to Bellmore, lol)

I'm gonna do my best to stop by tonight. Will be around 8:30ish. Heavy on the 'ish'

I'll do a sunday as soon as I get back from Florida :) Women are allowed right...lol :rolleyes:

I got there around 9:00 pm and hung with Motoeric, Will, and Fred. We swapped some stories and had some laughs. I left with an order of burnt ends which were very good.
It was a good end to a busy day.

It was nice to see the brethren that stopped by. Fun to chat with people that know a lot more about bbq than I do.

I'll post again before the next volunteering stint. It would be great to put more faces to names from the forum.

Eric

Back