Shrimp and crab pizza for the "It Came From The Sea" Throwdown

colonel00

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Well, for those that didn't catch my thread last week about my pizza failure, here is a photo recap :tsk:

IMAG0729.jpg

So this weekend was a chance at redemption. While pizza isn't always the healthiest, it is a great source of leftovers I will take to work during the week. I can literally get a thing of sauce and a ball of dough for $3 at Trader Joe's and that is really enough for at least two pizzas. From there it is just toppings and that doesn't have to break the wallet either.

First pie was a standard pizza with pepperoni, sausage, bacon, provel cheese and mozzarella. It came out pretty good.

IMAG0755.jpg

So anyway, since I was making pies, I decided to make one up with a seafood twist. I went ahead and put some shrimp on the grill.

IMAG0745.jpg

IMAG0746.jpg

After they were done I sliced them up along with some crab meat. On the dough I spread a thin layer of alfredo sauce. Then on went the shrimp and crab.

IMAG0757.jpg

The GF suggested to use a little cream cheese. To me, cream cheese is like bacon, it makes everything better. So, I spread out some dollops of cream cheese and then topped with mozzarella again. On to the cooker and off came this:

IMAG0762.jpg

I topped it with some parmesan.

DSCN1216.jpg

Cream Cheesy goodness!

DSCN1221.jpg

DSCN1227.jpg

It was quite tasty.

DSCN1224.jpg

The dough in the middle didn't quite get done so it went into the oven for a quick finishing since I had already shut down the pizza cooker.

DSCN1231.jpg

As with anything there are some things that I will tweak in the future but this was really good. I was really happy with the results since I was just shooting from the hip.

Back