Catering for MN Twins 2013 All-Star Pitcher Glen Perkins

Smoke House Moe

Knows what a fatty is.
photo.php

Had the honor of cooking for the MN Twins 2013 All-Star pitcher, Glen Perkins and his family tonight.
They are all super nice, down to earth people, and Glen is quite the BBQ cook himself. He is sporting a nice Yoder backyard cooker.
We shared a couple BBQ tips with each other, and then his family enjoyed a beautiful night together.
I was overly nervous at first, but it all came together and the food was amazing.
We served pulled pork sammies, mashed garlic red potato's, baked beans with extra bacon(a full package, shhhhh), gluten-free snickerdoodles, and a small Asian salad for the two vegetarians. Thanks Tsav Sawm Vaj for the dressing recipe, and Missy Denison Habeck for her now Minnesota famous mashed potato recipe.
The Perkins kept the leftovers, and that is all the compliment I need.

Thanks to all the help from the Brethren over the years.

My friend drives their equipment truck, and ironically doesn't like baseball. He came by the farmer's market when we were wrapping things up. He took a small tray down to the field to the chef and equipment manager. Somehow that got to some of the players.

Congrats!!! That is so cool Moe!!! Just goes to show a superb product will create word of mouth advertising which no advertiser, at any price, can bring to you.

Sometimes I wonder if I should just throw my advertising budget out the window. :-D

Back