Hickory smoked Jack Daniels & Chipotle Beef Jerky

Don Marco

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Howdy folks...

Im making some Beef jerky as im writing this.

Cut up some beef sirloin and marinated it for 36 hours in a mix of Worcestershiresauce, soy sauce, Tabasco, jack Daniels, Honey, Chipotle, Texasbbqrub, salt, pepper and hungarian Paprika.

57_pork_007_Medium_1.jpg

57_pork_009_Medium_1.jpg

57_pork_010_Medium_1.jpg

57_pork_012_Medium_2.jpg

Dried it this morning and used an inverted rib rack to hang it on.

57_pork_014_Medium_1.jpg

57_pork_015_Medium_1.jpg

Meanwhile i prepared the WSM.
Lined up some coconut briquettes, added hickory, lit one end with a small propane burner and set the bbq-guru to 140 F using the foil trick

57_pork_001_Medium_2.jpg

57_pork_002_Medium_2.jpg

57_pork_005_Medium_1.jpg

Its holding that temperature for more than 3 hours now rock solid and the neighbours enjoy some hickory smoke in the morning. :mrgreen:

57_pork_016_Medium_1.jpg

57_pork_017_Medium_1.jpg

57_pork_020_Medium_1.jpg

More pics to follow as soon as its done.

I already know that its not gonna last more than 30 minutes once its done.
Next week im gonna buy a whole beef loin roast (9-10 pounds) and use some of that for the next batch.

Cheers,

DM

looks awesome be careful you might draw a crowd when they smell the smoke

Alrighty, its done and very tasty. The Jack Daniels does fine with honey and hickory, and the heat from various sources makes for a nice slow afterburn.

57_jerky_001_Medium_1.jpg

57_jerky_002_Medium_1.jpg

57_jerky_003_Medium_1.jpg

57_jerky_004_Medium_1.jpg

57_jerky_005_Medium_2.jpg

Cheers,

DM

awesome job now just need some beer and a good football game and you are all set

Looks great. My address is 2503 Brok...........:mrgreen:

That looks great. I'm due to make some jerky. I might add some JD to my mix. Dunno why I've never thought of that.

Hanging on the racks like that, do you break the pieces up afterwards or do just store a bunch of U shaped jerky?

Did you cure the meat first? Or just marinate it?

Looks great DM!!

I could almost smell it!!

How many hours did that take @ 140?

It took about 5 hours, and thats 4 and a half more than it took to eat it. :roll:

DM

LOL... it DID look great bro... I love making jerky. I have gone to using the Hi Mountain cures instead of mixing up my own marinade, but I may try a batch with the Jack.

Back