Warsaw, Missouri Roll Call--(With RESULTS!!)

Grand - Bubba & Jeff
Reserve Grand - MoKan Meatheads

It was a Brethren sweep! That's two in a row for the Meatheads. I don't know the full results, but we heard about the top two all the way at Sugar Creek in Kansas City. Lots of people excited for both teams!!!

What an outstanding day! Bubba and Jeff nail their first ever Grand and they deserved it! They've been working their asses off, even practicing in January when most of us just cared about partying at the KCBS banquet! Talk about a humble couple of guys... Jeff said it was because of everyone else's help and Bubba said he was happy they won but felt bad that they had to beat out the Meatheads. Guys, get over it! YOU both have earned every bit of this now take a shower, get some rest and enjoy this!!!

Big Creek grabbed seventh overall and got calls for 4th place ribs and 2nd place brisket. Also got 8th place pork (they only called top 4). Chicken killed us (17th).

We won't forget this day for a long time! I actually had tears running down my cheek as I hugged Bub and Jeff after their call. What a great day!

T and I decide to go butt heads with Mark and Becky....a lot shorter drive, but not a KCBS contest...we need the practice anyway.....

Yes it was a good practice..CUTS and all..I know that it was not a KCBS contest but is one hell of a good time...We all got some good practice anyway. You know Gary I owe you alot of beer:-D

Congrats to all the Brethren teams that walked.

I bet the pics a are great too!!!!

TIM

Seems like a good start for a Brethren year, Pretty soon people will notice the trend and maybe everyone at an event will be on the boards.

I really like knowing that sharing information and helping each other on here makes everyone here stronger -- even us guys that don't compete(yet :mrgreen: ).

Congratulations!

WTG to all the brothers! A sucessful weekend for sure!!

Did you get enough teams to make it an AR qualifier?? Last I knew you was a couple short.

Way to go Bubba and Jeff !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats to all the Brethren teams that walked.

Way to go Bubba and Jeff!!! You two are gonna kick some arse this year. That is what I call a whirlwind year --- from last year there, to this year there. WOW guys. You have worked so hard. Enjoy it, and with any luck I'll get to see you two at the Invitational this year! I'm got my work cut out for me...

Bubba and Jeff

bubba did you keep you t shirt out of the flames:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

york

Guys, thanks for all the compliments. It has been quite a year for us coming from not knowing what we were doing to actually winning a contest. Just goes to show if you try hard enough someday you will get lucky enough to actually win. Special thanks to Wayne of MoKan Meatheads. If it wasn't for him helping me with the pork, we probably wouldn't have won (you are the best). Also, thanks to Jeff and Tammy of Big Creek BBQ for being our biggest supporter. It's friends like these guys that make what we do competing worth everything. Once again, thanks everybody - it's been one heck of a ride.

Wow! Congrats Bubba and Jeff! What a difference a year makes! You guys have come a long way, great job!

Congrats to MoKan Meatheads as well!

There must be something to this "fear the pig" stuff. I can't believe the results this group has been pulling in this year. Congrats guys!

Congratulations Bubba and Jeff, and you too Wayne, awesome!

Back