I've joined the stick burning ranks

AtlGator

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
After starting out on a Weber A series grill in 2002 and doing my first tepid pork shoulder to good reviews from neophytes, I feel like I have finally arrived.

Sure, I've had a few UDSes and even a Tulsa-made charcoal oven - but look what the delivery guy brought to my urban Atlanta home today:

IMAG1813_zps9bf118cb.jpg

My last smoker. (Right....) A Meadow Creek SQ36, delivered to my door for $175 (plus the regular price of the thing). Yup, $175 for the freight charge. So that's why I moved on it. Ordered it last Friday night - it was shipped from AZ Monday and arrived today at about noon. Awesome!

IMAG1814_zps00bda4bd.jpg

IMAG1824_zps8d737856.jpg

IMAG1828_zpsc8e93bdc.jpg

IMAG1821_zps24235ad9.jpg

IMAG1820_zpsa539e839.jpg

IMAG1827_zps401138e2.jpg

IMAG1830_zpsf781c7ff.jpg

I'm very impressed with how well this thing is put together at the price. I couldn't believe the weight of this sucker. Stainless racks (guaranteed not to rust) and I opted for the second rack and cover, too. They even threw in a big bag of oak mini-logs. I'm happy to share the retailer's name if we can do that kind of stuff here. Burning it in now... it's ready for some serious meat to be thrown on it.

What timing too, wife commences a detox tomorrow AM! Oh well...:-D

Last edited:
That is nice pit and a great price. I just want to know why they Paint the inside:twitch:

Paint on the inside???? WTF i hope thats just some widespread.. evenly spread seasoning.. not paint.. but it sure looks like they painted it.. that may explain why you got such a good price for it..

Just saw (I assume the edit) the $175 was the freight charge plus the price of the pit.

EXCUSES ME!! EXCUSE ME!! I HAVE A QUESTION HERE. How did you get a smoker that is advertised every where for OVER a Grand shipped & delivered to you door for $175.00?????????? That was either a Typo or your tellin Fishin stories.

That was the freight cost...sorry. Still cost me an arm and a leg - but admittedly I wasn't clear! :icon_blush:

Dude, you made my Friday. I was already thinking up the talk track to the wife for when that thing showed up in front of my house (and what card to put it on that she wouldn't catch until it was too late). :p Thanks for the clarification.

Dude, you made my Friday. I was already thinking up the talk track to the wife for when that thing showed up in front of my house (and what card to put it on that she wouldn't catch until it was too late). :p Thanks for the clarification.

Hi-larious.

:biggrin1:

You weren't the only one! For THAT price, I would have had it shipped to my mom's place so I have something to work with while we visit ;)

Congrats I know Melvin Meadow Creek makes excellent pits I had the 120 for a while They make great chicken cookers too Enjoy

Back