Beer at The Royal

mikerobes

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I am coming to the Royal as guest, not a cook. My question is can I bring a cooler of beer in from my car that will most likely be parked outside the cooking area.

So does that mean that the cook teams must bring in there own when they arrive? If they run out they must buy from the Royal folks?

There seems to be way too much beer there for everyone to have brought it in on the first trip. I have brought in beer before but I had a wristband...

Just like most events, the vendors would like very much for you to buy beer from them.

That being said, I can tell you that security on Friday morning early is practically non-existent. The first year I attended, I bought a ticket from my neighborhood Hy-Vee grocery store through Ticketmaster several days before the event.

When I arrived at about 8:00AM Friday morning, there was no one to take / check my ticket. Finally at about 10:00AM, people were setting up the ticket booths at the gates and I surrendered my ticket then and they put a wrist band on me. At any point before 10:00AM Friday morning, I could have brought in a cooler or anything with more than plenty of beer or whatever.

Remember that this is a fund raiser for the American Royal and the more that we can afford to support the American Royal by supporting their vendors the better for all.

I'm good with supporting the Royal. Do they sell cases of beer or just draft by the glass. that is my issue, i don't like draft

In southern california, most of the teams bring in their own beer. Everyone is pretty cool about it, just don't drink out of the can or bottle. Pour the beer in a cup.

In southern california, as far as competing teams go, most people are pretty cool about about bring your own beer. Just don't dring it out of the bottle or the can. Pour it in a plain cup. Also remember to keep your area clean and not leave cans and bottles sitting around

Find a friend who's cooking, arrive Thursday afternoon / evening, leave full cooler with said friend, retrieve cooler Sunday evening after awards.

At least that's the rumor that I've heard :rolleyes: :becky:.

The gates are open in the mornings you can bring in coolers, tell them what team you are with and the spot number. Exactly what time thay stop allowing you to do that I dont know.

We hand it over the fence later in the day. Most teams are willing to help you out around the perimeter fence or have your buddies on the other side.

You can get cases from the royal during the duration and have it delivered to the spot.

Back