input on team name

boogiesnap

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
whadaya y'all think of "Erin Go Bragh-BQ Competition Team"

it's a take on the gaelic phrase for forever ireland.

I think it's great, breaking into our territory but if we can share a Jameson then lets have at it. Take away competition team at the end. Erin go brah Bq is goog enough.

I think it's great, breaking into our territory but if we can share a Jameson then lets have at it. Take away competition team at the end. Erin go brah Bq is goog enough.

thanks! and of course, as long as we can wash it down with a harp. :biggrin1:

Erin go brah Bq is goog enough.

I have to give a vote for this! I'll take a bit of Jameson's myself if anyone is offering! I am pretty sure in four years of competitions I have not ever gone to one without it.

thanks man, after recent events "pog mo thoin bbq team" might be pushing it.

Wy not get a little more rebelious? tiocfaidh ár lá B Q? Up the Q?

And whenever you are ready for good whiskey, I'm never without a bottle of Black Bush

Wy not get a little more rebelious? tiocfaidh ár lá B Q? Up the Q?

And whenever you are ready for good whiskey, I'm never without a bottle of Black Bush

Black Bush!! My fave Irish Whisk(e)y. I used to be a Jameson's devotee but one taste of the BB won me over.

Was trying to think of how to incorporate it into Q. But my wife said "Why on earth would you want to waste a good whisk(e)y like that?" I didn't have a good answer. :icon_shy

With respect to the proposed team name - I like. And I agree just end it with Q or Que and drop the competition team.

- Brian

Im not Irish, But i sure am green :wink:
I am aloud in this thread :shock:

UMMM Black Bush. I prefer the catholic Irish whiskey though.

Besdide the fact that I like to judge my spirits based upon taste and not faith.........this is another Irish American myth, kind of like Irish corned beef and green beer......do your research, not only does Bushmills currently have a Catholic Master Distiller it was one of the few places during the years of "the troubles" that northern Irish Catholics made up the majority of the workforce. Saying it is Protesant whiskey based on the geography of the distillery would be akin to calling everyone in the 6 counties a Loyalist and everyone in the south a patriot which not only is not the case is a very quick way to end up in a fight. Bushmills license to distill was granted in 1608 to Sir Thomas Phillips who hired Irish monks to perfect his spirit whereas Jameson was later founded by a Scotsman who immigrated to Ireland. Furthermore neither Jameson's nor Bushmills are Irish owned, they are owned by French and English companies respectively.

Black Bush!! My fave Irish Whisk(e)y. I used to be a Jameson's devotee but one taste of the BB won me over.

Was trying to think of how to incorporate it into Q. But my wife said "Why on earth would you want to waste a good whisk(e)y like that?" I didn't have a good answer. :icon_shy
- Brian

I've found the best way to incorporate it into our process is to pop the cork and take a drink after each turn in.....:Becky:

We are entering the Pine Bluff contest under the team name "Spanish Fly aka Southern Krunk", thinking about a new name for each contest. We're just a little different like that :)

Always associated that with McFrankenboo

As that is the Mrs. McFrankenboo' first name. But thats just me doing the Irish word association.

:blah::oops::shock::doh::wink::bored::bow::eusa_clap:decision::decision::caked::cool::cool::cool::cool::-o:confused::pop2::pound::tape2::hail::attention::puke::love::drama::wacko:

jewel 2012

Last edited:
Back