MAK Group Buy

No more takers the last couple hours? Sitting at what? 22? Still quite a showing from the Brethren for being pricey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No more takers the last couple hours? Sitting at what? 22? Still quite a showing from the Brethren for being pricey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, sitting at 22. I know for a fact that there Brethren still on the fence. Totally cool and zero pressure, but Caleb is clocking out in less than 3 hours. Hint, hint ;-)

UPDATE: Sitting at 24 new MAK owners as of 2:27pm(PST). 2.5 hours to go. 25 should be a slam dunk... lets shoot for 30. $100 store credit for all :)

Mak 1 Star ordered, full upper grate. Waiting is the hardest part

Congrats and welcome to the MAK family!! And a warm welcome to the Brethren :)

Whatcha been cooking on up to this point?

And thanks for the welcome, I'll be sure to make full use of the knowledge here regarding the Mak, cooking tips etc

Wow, my account got validated just in time to ask a couple quick questions! I've been lurking in this thread (and the forum) for a while.

I have a gasser (Weber) and a kamado (Vision). Debating picking this up mostly because the Vision is kind of a pain with air escaping, even after trying all of the sealing tricks in the book.

So now I'm debating a MAK 1 star. Can anyone tell me how these do for pizzas? I find myself using the vision for that, but having a second grill / smoker to do them would be awesome.

Last question - will I still be happy with the 1 star? I'll use it primarily for smoking, but if I like that, I'd use it for grilling as well. I assume I'll need the sear grates.

UPDATE: Sitting at 24 new MAK owners as of 2:27pm(PST). 2.5 hours to go. 25 should be a slam dunk... lets shoot for 30. $100 store credit for all :)
Presale on a Mini MAK and I'm in, I really don't need it right now or the next year or so for that matter but I'll plop some coin down on one at a discount. MAKE IT HAPPEN ROBB! :grin:

Mak 2 Star ordered.
Full Upper
Blank Pan
Door
Cover
Mak Mobile

Made the decision to buy Mak last Fall and was waiting for Spring. This offer was perfect timing. Thank you to those that made it happen.

Awesome!!! Congratulations and welcome to the MAK family :)

I also see this is your first post here. Welcome to the Brethren :)

Whatcha currently cooking on?

Last edited:
So I've heard! Now all I have to do is find a good source for pellets, there are no Academy stores within 250 miles, Dicks Sporting goods yes, but then I need to discover what brand and at a reasonable price that play nice with the Mak. Which ones ash more than others, impart more or less smoke, lots to find out.

So I've heard! Now all I have to do is find a good source for pellets, there are no Academy stores within 250 miles, Dicks Sporting goods yes, but then I need to discover what brand and at a reasonable price that play nice with the Mak. Which ones ash more than others, impart more or less smoke, lots to find out.

I see you are in NE Ohio. Where specifically? I have an avid MAK buddy in NE Ohio. May be able to get you some great info if you two live nearby.

I'm extremely fortunate to have Rural King right down the road.

Back