Stopped in to Willie B's tonight

MilitantSquatter

Reaction score
Happen to be in the area tonight and swung by Willie's hoping he may be there getting set for his opening this week.

Willie was there, and while not "officially" open, he was serving up BBQ orders to some paying customers.

I stopped back in around 10PM after coming back from my destination and Willie gave me a "tour" of the place just as he was cleaning up and shutting down.

It was great to see him finally living out his dream. Willie's gonna represent the Brethren well.

if i only would have known! i was thinking about taking a ride down about the same time. work has prevented me from stopping down on the weekend, but i am eagerly anticipating wednesday. congradulations Will! looking foward to meeting you and all the long island brethren down there.

phil

Perhaps a little housewarming bash in the parking lot this weekend? Whadya say, Will?

Congrats Will, can't wait to see the place, hopefully this week.

Did you mean willie b's beverage barn? i love that place! they have food??

Michele stopped by on her way home and picked up dinner. She said it was good to see Bob Devine also. The food was great!

well brothers it has been a week since we opened and it went very well. I want to thank all the Long Island Brethren who stopped in to lend there support and help it really means alot.
we are getting great feedback from the customers about everything and the best complimint we are getting is repeat business. We actully have 2 people who have eatin with us eveyday so far. Now if i could only figure out how not to work 100 hour weeks.
Again i want to thank all of you guys for your help and support through all of this and hope to see more of you real soon.

"JUST BRING BEER"

Thank you
Willie B's Beverage Barn (thats for sledneck)

rbsnwngs said:
we are getting great feedback from the customers about everything and the best complimint we are getting is repeat business. We actully have 2 people who have eatin with us eveyday so far. Now if i could only figure out how not to work 100 hour weeks.

Will,

I hate to break it to you buddy, but Melissa and Molly don't actually count as customers! :lol:

And you won't get too mcuh sympathy here, because I'm sure that most people here wish they could figure out a way to spend 100 hours a week cooking barbecue. :wink:

Good luck and I hope to see you again soon.

Will, I didn't know you were open. I thought it was 2 more weeks! Congratulations. I'll have to stop by soon. Glad to hear things are going well so far.

djmarko said:
Will, I didn't know you were open. I thought it was 2 more weeks! Congratulations. I'll have to stop by soon. Glad to hear things are going well so far.

Get your head out of your BYC!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just jealous. I was at Willy's on Wednesday evening. I stood by the front counter from about 6pm to 7:30. Every time Willy opened the Southern Pride I was in heaven. The customers were coming in at a nice pace for the first week. Took me home some ribs, pulled pork sausage and brisket. Real BBQ and I didn't have to wait 6-12 hours. That will be nice in the winter.

Thanks Will for hooking me up with the "Hungry Man" special!!!!!!!!!!

rbsnwngs said:
Now if i could only figure out how not to work 100 hour weeks.

The only way that will ever happen, is to close the place down.

Welcome to another level of being married my friend.

Stopped by Will's on Saturday Afternoon and had a great Shell Steak sandwich. Good eats! Keep it up Will.

Anybody spending money at Willie's? Let's not bankrupt the boy.

BrooklynQ said:
Anybody spending money at Willie's? Let's not bankrupt the boy.

I was happy to pay Willy the rate on the menu. I have seen the work and effort he put in and I know he can use the cash to recoup his expenses. Will definitely put in more than a regular customer would get(loved the extra ribs).

We don't want the place to turn into the restaurant in "Goodfellas" where they bankrupt the place and then torch it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Smoker said:
We don't want the place to turn into the restaurant in "Goodfellas" where they bankrupt the place and then torch it.

Who's this 'we' you're talking about? :twisted:

Seriously, tho, I wish Will all the best and know that his food is worth every penny and more.

i been trying to make it there for a week.. cant catch a damn break before 830pm and by then, im shot to chit. and all i want is a peach cobbler like we had in New Paltz. :)

Card game Saturday night? Damn, I was there Saturday afternoon and no one told me about no stinkin card game!

Back