Zero Gravity Chairs

kihrer

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I am looking to buy a new Zero Gravity Chair to use while babysitting my stick burner at competitions. Which ones should I be looking at? Does anyone use the Caravan Canopy over-sized? I'd like something that holds up well and won't rust or break within a season. I'd also prefer to stay under $100. Thanks.

I have the ones from Cabela's. It held to the first season fine. I think I got the oversized on sale for about $40.00. keith

Faulkner

Amazon.com: Faulkner XL Recliner Black Mesh with Padded Arms: Patio, Lawn & Garden@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41O%2Boa1HcvL.@@AMEPARAM@@41O%2Boa1HcvL

This one is $130, but it is the XL size (I am 6'3'' and 230lbs) and it is the mesh one so better breathability which to me is key when I'm baby sitting a smoker in hot weather.

The standard size, all padded version, is $99 on amazon:
Amazon.com: Faulkner Standard Recliner Black Padded with Padded Arms: Patio, Lawn & Garden@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41Ya7oVU4wL.@@AMEPARAM@@41Ya7oVU4wL

There are add on features like a table with cup holder you can add, etc, which is nice down the road.

I have a couple of the xl ones from cabelas, never had a problem with them. I think i picked them up for about 60 bucks a piece.

I have the one from Gander but saw another at Lakeland. It had a foot rest (mine hits my ankles) and a small flip over shade cover. Didn't get the brand but will be the next one for me.

I broke a piece on the cabelas and brought I back, 3 years old no receipt . They gave me a new one no questions asked. The wood arm rest is great touch to.

I broke a piece on the cabelas and brought I back, 3 years old no receipt . They gave me a new one no questions asked. The wood arm rest is great touch to.

Thank you. I love great customer service

I may have to make a run up to Cabelas tomorrow. That way I can sit in before I buy it. I will be spending many hours in whatever I buy so I need to like it.

Another vote for the XL chair from Cabela's. Have had mine now for almost 3 years and it has held up great. Very comfortable. Make sure you buy the cover for the chair if you get it, to store it in when not in use.

Thank you. I love great customer service

I may have to make a run up to Cabelas tomorrow. That way I can sit in before I buy it. I will be spending many hours in whatever I buy so I need to like it.
If you're going to the one in Hamburg (and going just for the chair) call first. When I was there last month they didn't have any on the floor.

What about for the height of a feller? I see several taller guys here... I'm 6'6" and while I'll surely take the extra width of the Cabellas XL model, it doesn't give me any more length. Too many times i wake up with numb feet due to the bottom bar nailing the back of my ankle/lower calf.

I'm not as tall as you but I took a piece of pipe insulation and put on the bottom bar for some padding. It helps :thumb:

What about for the height of a feller? I see several taller guys here... I'm 6'6" and while I'll surely take the extra width of the Cabellas XL model, it doesn't give me any more length. Too many times i wake up with numb feet due to the bottom bar nailing the back of my ankle/lower calf.

I have the one from Gander but saw another at Lakeland. It had a foot rest (mine hits my ankles) and a small flip over shade cover. Didn't get the brand but will be the next one for me.

Sounds like you may have seen the one I have or maybe you even saw me in mine when we were neighbors in Cumming:

http://www.lowes.com/pd_8433-58829-YJSC-090F_4294818162_4294937087_?productId=3094781

Obviously, I bought it at Lowe's, and have overall been very happy with it. I sat in several of them before deciding on that one because of the width, the foot rest, the built in pillow, and most of all, because it's my bed and just feels the best when lying on it (though not the best when sitting on it!) This is the one I would recommend.

My FIL liked mine so much at MIM last year that I bought him one for his birthday.....sorta. The ones they had in store at Lowe's last year were a little different. Instead of the brown colour, they were bright blue or green, didn't have the shade on top, and were a little cheaper. Not a fan of the colour, but the shade is kinda pointless to me at a BBQ contest since I use it to sleep and am under an EZ-UP. YMMV. I actually took the shade off because it was the cheapest part and took up packing space. They had the brown ones with the shade for special order last year, now the website is saying no longer available. Might be worth a trip to your local store, or have to wait until Spring....

HTH,

dmp

I have the cabelas one and I wish it layed back more. Our neighbors at the Royal had some that layed out much more. I think he said they came from Sams.

Cabela's has a sale, 50% off, plus you can get free shipping if you google for a coupon. Got mine for 49+14 oversized shipping, but saved a ton...got the XL

Back